Mage Wars > Mages

The Challenges of the Priestess

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jbuzzsaw79:
So just vlarify, if u got some one at rang 2 with block on and enchant transfusion u can basically interrupt att after they already declared it at that point?

Kelanen:
Yes - that is the entire point of it.

Puddnhead:

--- Quote from: Kelanen on July 26, 2018, 02:05:51 PM ---Yes - that is the entire point of it.

--- End quote ---

I would argue that "the point" of Enchantment Transfusion was to save your enchants when your creature dies.

However, Jbuzz, the common usage of Enchantment Transfusion these days (which I would LOVE to DESTROY) is as a "counterspell" just as you have described.

Sailor Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Rudafuda on January 30, 2018, 06:20:15 PM ---If you are playing in a play group that allows promos, running an Alfiya deck is always good fun.

(Alfiya does two direct damage when a creature is stunned or dazed by a light source)

Even without Alfiya in the deck, Priestess that runs Akiro's Favor and stun/daze conditions attack spells + clerics can really dish out a ton of control (in the form of crowd control/damage reduction) while not sacrificing a ton of mana on cards like sacred ground (which of course should still be run to go against swarm decks) and other PURELY defensive cards.

So prioritizing creatures that have stun (Light of Dawn, mage wand with pillar of light spellbound, Alfiya if possible, etc. just make sure it is stun/daze with light damage, a lot of good cardes in the lost grimoire vol 1 for this) you don't have to sacrifice mana/time on playing defensive and you can spend more turns being "safely aggro". And Akiro's favor will allow you to have a MUCH higher stun/daze percentage. And something I like to do, is get a royal archer, or even a generic cleric, and keep him 2 zones away from you (and hopefully away from aggression) and put a nullify, a block, or something with Aegis 1 (hidden) and then throw an enchantment transfusion on him, so if your mage or any of your big creatures are about to take big damage, before the damage and effects step you can just swap the nullify or block over to where you want it in RESPONSE to something, which is huge.

This can of course can be beaten by decks like Juktari who can make quick work of your monsters, in which case you do have to rely a little on sustain and getting good rolls on heal. But don't be afraid to run a lay heads or two in your deck to quick cast a potential full restore on your big creatures.

Cheers!

--- End quote ---
I think you mean elemental wand not mage wand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Jbuzzsaw79:

--- Quote from: Puddnhead on July 26, 2018, 04:32:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kelanen on July 26, 2018, 02:05:51 PM ---Yes - that is the entire point of it.

--- End quote ---

I would argue that "the point" of Enchantment Transfusion was to save your enchants when your creature dies.

However, Jbuzz, the common usage of Enchantment Transfusion these days (which I would LOVE to DESTROY) is as a "counterspell" just as you have described.

--- End quote ---

I feel that maybe that a rule chandelier or clarification might need to happen since u are spending sbp and actions to do it but seems very cheesy IMO  I guess I do understand y and how but still.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version