April 25, 2024, 08:24:15 PM

Author Topic: Meditation Paladin Version 2.0  (Read 10090 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Meditation Paladin Version 2.0
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 02:11:57 PM »
It really has too few attack spells and too few healing spells.  I would suggest six Luminous Blasts and six Minor Heals.  When your Paladin really starts going, he should really be tossing down a minimum of 14 dice of damage a turn or so (one quick action ranged attack at 6 dice and one full round action attack at 8 dice).  I also suggest thinking about throwing in a Straywood Scout and a couple of Marked for Deaths so you could increase the damage to 18 dice per turn against the enemy Mage (they also help your creatures gain +2 attack dice against the enemy Mage).
If I'm blasting something and hitting almost every round, I have no actions for anything else like dispelling, etc.
I'm not sold on scout because he's a full action to cast which can throw stuff off.
A single angel can basically negate a ton of that dmg without more tanglevines. So I need to have a fighting force with my mage before I can start the "death" attacks.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 02:32:24 PM »
Well, if you are throwing 18 dice a turn, your enemy probably only has two or three turns to survive.  I do not think that you would need to worry much about dispeling enchantments, since they will be absorbing an average of 18 points of damage a turn from your paladin (plus whatever is coming from your entourage of creatures).  By the time that you have two Knights of Westlock and two Guardian Angels (around turn six), you should be able to beat the stuffing out of your opponent's force. 

Just out of curiosity, why don't you have a Battle Forge, the Dawnbreaker's Ring, the Signet of the Dawnbreaker, the Sword of Radiance, or the Veteran's Belt?  The Battle Forge would allow you to get out your equipment more quickly while the rest of the stuff either improves your offensive or defensive capabilities.  I would honestly consider replacing the Meditation Amulet with the Moonglow Amulet, for the sake of action economy, and I would suggest adding an additional Mana Crystal, so your channeling could reach 12 by the end of turn 2.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 02:36:52 PM »
Well, if you are throwing 18 dice a turn, your enemy probably only has two or three turns to survive.  I do not think that you would need to worry much about dispeling enchantments, since they will be absorbing an average of 18 points of damage a turn from your paladin (plus whatever is coming from your entourage of creatures).  By the time that you have two Knights of Westlock and two Guardian Angels (around turn six), you should be able to beat the stuffing out of your opponent's force. 

Just out of curiosity, why don't you have a Battle Forge, the Dawnbreaker's Ring, the Signet of the Dawnbreaker, the Sword of Radiance, or the Veteran's Belt?  The Battle Forge would allow you to get out your equipment more quickly while the rest of the stuff either improves your offensive or defensive capabilities.  I would honestly consider replacing the Meditation Amulet with the Moonglow Amulet, for the sake of action economy, and I would suggest adding an additional Mana Crystal, so your channeling could reach 12 by the end of turn 2.
I have the signet and I recently added the sword back in. Vet Belt is something I've considered for a long time and I might use it if I get more armor. I think a forge is too greedy, forge + temple is really slow and is only really useful in games of non interaction.
Yeah, the Meditation amulet will likely be removed at this point. I mainly included it to help in the gate matchup since it's not a good matchup for the pally player.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »

On average in your games, on what turn do most of your opponents first engage you? Are you throwing 18 dice by then or building after that engagement?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »
which auras do you use, favor more, or find most useful in your games?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 06:21:05 PM »
The buff build takes time, but it is a pretty straightforward.  The key thing is to increase Channeling and get out creatures as fast as possible.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 06:48:29 PM »
The buff build takes time, but it is a pretty straightforward.  The key thing is to increase Channeling and get out creatures as fast as possible.
Well vs Druid, you can focus down the plants once you have enough dice on the board. If they rush you, you need to be a bit quicker and with this build in particular, I might start hardcasting bigs on turn 2 or three if I fear a rush.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 11:18:22 PM »

That's a lot of dice and not really needed imo.
I think it's more important to have the optimal number of dice as opposed to the max amount.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:12:49 PM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 11:44:33 AM »
For Valor generation.

A mage wand with minor heal and the paladins cloak might do the job.  You get a free point of healing and if you get 4 or more on your target you get a valor.  Since your not using the paladins sword.  Also you do not have Smite which given your valor generation could be an issue but if you use your challenge right with guards you can farm valor that way to.  Hmm.  I'll msg you an idea that just came to mind.