April 26, 2024, 08:10:55 AM

Author Topic: favorite creature  (Read 13542 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: favorite creature
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »
Gelatinous Cube ....errr i mean..Devouring jelly and invisible stalker are probably my 2 fav cteatures.

Jelly because it reminds me of the blob and i am a succer for any old horror movie! Also reconstruct 2 when it kills something is pretty sweet too!

The stalker is just really awesome imo. Invisible, hard hitter, stealthy...sure there is an upkeep but whatever, he is still cool!

The angel slayer is my honorable mention! What a bamf!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 10:12:55 AM »
i think the stalker is probably overcosted by like 3 mana, tbh. If you add his upkeep over three rounds of attacking to his cost he's practically an 18 mana creature.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
i think the stalker is probably overcosted by like 3 mana, tbh. If you add his upkeep over three rounds of attacking to his cost he's practically an 18 mana creature.

My point was not how viable and efficient it is. But how much i enjoy the flavor of the card

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
it is not about cost or value specificily. it is what is your favorite creature for whatever reason. clearly there are NO correct answers besides darkfenne hydra or gorgon archer.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:14:40 PM by zot »

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 12:06:17 PM »
I think my favorite creature has to be ... a couple of them.

Favorite art: Deptonne Bloodshaman (also my spirit creature)

Overall MVP: Skeletal Knight

Badass of the week: Water Elemental
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 04:10:15 PM »
Water Elementals are just badasses period on any week lol.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »
Darkfenne asp has amassed some hate over the past year so I'm going for the little guy.  There is honestly so many good creatures it is hard to decide my favorite.  My favorite out of school creature to be Gorgon archer a close second is the magma golem. 

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 06:49:47 PM »
My historical favorite (from when I started playing) was the Timber Wolf. Four dice is good, and with two armor and 10 life... it was hard to dispute the value. Nowadays there are so many ways to deal with two armor that it's almost not worth the cost in my opinion.

I have two favorites these days, one new addition to the game, and one old standard:

1) Knight of the Red Helm: You can often arrange for it to have a five die attack, and it is a little more survivable with its three armor. The thing that really sets it off as special to me is its Psychic Immunity.

and

2) Grimson Deadeye, Sniper: Four dice all the way out to range three... enough said. He will need some support though to keep him alive since he will be a focus of your opponent's hate the moment he hits the arena.

The funny thing is that I don't have these in any of my current books... maybe it's time to put together a Warlord.

• Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 08:07:09 PM »
Red Helm is very solid, I considered him. Against some books, he lets you very efficiently go for the throat, very early.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
Red Helm is very solid, I considered him. Against some books, he lets you very efficiently go for the throat, very early.
I don't like him bc the need for him to attack the strongest to get more dice is iffy imo.
The whole strategy where you run 2 with pally and then use banner to spawn 2 red helms is really quite bad imo.
But regardless, he is not a bad creature, just doesn't work for what I want to do.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »
I don't like him bc the need for him to attack the strongest to get more dice is iffy imo.
The whole strategy where you run 2 with pally and then use banner to spawn 2 red helms is really quite bad imo.
But regardless, he is not a bad creature, just doesn't work for what I want to do.

That's a prime example of where I think it's great. This may be a metagame thing - I come across plenty of books with 0-1 enemy creatures other than the mage. Prior to the Wizard nerf, I'd have said it was a majority, and a heavy majority at that.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »
Water Elementals are just badasses period on any week lol.
Truth!

Quote from davew:
1) Knight of the Red Helm: You can often arrange for it to have a five die attack, and it is a little more survivable with its three armor. The thing that really sets it off as special to me is its Psychic Immunity.
[/quote]

I agree. The psy immunity is pretty rad and he is a fairly overall good creature! I'm not a big holy or war player but the art on this guy is sweet and he makes his way into my warlord and priest books on the offchance i make one

.  My favorite out of school creature to be Gorgon archer a close second is the magma golem. 

<3 magma golem!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 10:26:53 PM »
Strange, I don't know if I have any particular spells which I consider my favorites. I mean, I like mind control, but that's a bit situational. Teleport is nice. Oh wait you're asking for creatures. Um...maybe I would pick the invisible stalker if he wasn't overcosted. Aside from that, I honestly don't know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2017, 11:09:30 PM »
I thought I really liked the knight of redhelm but today I played around his two extra dice with ease against a priest.  just poped out a falcon and now he could not hit my my toughest creature.  The strongest creature thing can be easily avoided imo.  The psychic immunity is nice tho.  I still think timber wolves are very cost effective, just a solid creature. 

I am also digging the wychwood hound for 5 mana - a 7 life 2 dice creature and than an added +1melee and armor with one or more hounds. math wise it's 10 mana for 14 life, 6 dice and two armor.  I know the damage dealt and piercing highly adjusts the  percentage of hit and amount of damage  but it's  stastically really good.

Just love my hounds!

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 09:37:52 AM »
My favorite creature is Guardian Angel, which is still a solid defensive unit despite its age (the healing two damage everytime that it guards and the defense chance means that it tends to survive a lot longer than it should).  After her, I have to give my vote to the Knight of Westlock even though it is a bit of a glass cannon (its relatively high armor and evade chance still allows it to live much longer than creature with similar health, and Knight's Courage has given it a lot of hitting power).