April 27, 2024, 07:12:09 PM

Author Topic: Feraligatr and Friends - Siren  (Read 4137 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Feraligatr and Friends - Siren
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:08:47 PM »
So this is my new experimental siren book I have been working on.  It doesn't really focus on one strategy but tries to be prepared for many other strategies and work around them.

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Feraligatr and Friends[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Siren Stats Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[mage]A Siren Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1A06]2 x Flameblast[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]2 x Surging Wave[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSA02]2 x Swell[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWBG1J02]1 x Gravikor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSJ01]1 x Bed of Urchins[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSW01]2 x Coral Barrier[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFW01]1 x Wall of Earth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSJ11]1 x Whirlpool[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSJ07]4 x Shallow Sea[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSC03]1 x Blightheart[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC08]1 x Deptonne Berserker[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC09]1 x Deptonne Bloodshaman[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC22]3 x Shoalsdeep Thrasher[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC17]1 x Merren Harpooner[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC19]1 x Naiya[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC21]1 x Shoalsdeep Crocodile[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC03]1 x Devouring Jelly[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1E09]1 x Agony[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE01]1 x Ballad of Courage[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE03]1 x Chant of Rage[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE10]1 x Lullaby[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE11]2 x Song of Love[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE06]1 x Healing Madrigal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E10]1 x Decoy[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]1 x Brace Yourself[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E17]1 x Force Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAPRE05]1 x Glancing Blow[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E21]1 x Hawkeye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE07]1 x Hydrothermal Vent[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01E07]2 x Gator Toughness[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]1 x Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E31]1 x Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ02]1 x Hunting Bow[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ10]1 x Shoalsdeep Trident[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q08]1 x Elemental Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ03]1 x Echo of the Depths[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]2 x Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ08]1 x Ring of the Ocean's Depths[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ09]1 x Ring of Tides[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ05]2 x Leviathan Scale Armor[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1I02]1 x Battle Fury[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNI03]1 x Reassemble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAFMI02]1 x Siphon Energy[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI05]1 x Mending Wave[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI03]1 x Lesser Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI01]2 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAPRI05]1 x Remove Curse[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI02]1 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I25]1 x Shift Enchantment[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

The strategy I try to focus on is the Croc and Bow.
I want my siren to be out of combat for a bit so i plan to start off with the spawnpoint, echo of the depths, and then transition to the bow when I have the croc and 2 to 3 other creatures out.  The bow allows you to get piercing +1 when that creature was attacked by a friendly animal (croc) and then get 7+ bleed (50% chance).  Then, the deathroll can do 6 dice 4+ bleed if in a sea.  So get a grapple off with the croc, shoot the bow at the prey, and have the croc and sharks attack!

So bleed is one option for the book.

If the bow gets dissolved I have a trident and an elemental wand.  The wand is in here mainly for a necromancer using zombies (wand + acid ball) or a druid (wand + flameblast).  The trident is used for just about everything else such as flyers, pushing through walls, stabbing a big buddy in my face, etc.

The jelly and blightheart are also in here to combat necromancers and druids.  The resilient trait on the jelly helps a lot and the fact that he can spit out corrode markers for extra damage against zombies and most skeletons is fantastic and why I chose it over an iron golem or zombie brute; granted the jelly is slow but resilient combined with the reconstruct and still rolling 4 dice in a sea makes him a strong competitor for the enemy. 
Blightheart is amazing in his own right, but against the necro he is especially helpful and his effect rolls for the druid, if i can get a rot off, will help offset the regen going on.  Granted, meridias blessing can remove the rots but its more planning the enemy will have to do.

Wall of earth is here only to have a cheap wall and block los if I really need to.  Plus it has a hydro weakness so if I need to knock it down quick and move in I can.

Siphon energy is here, ideally to use on an enemy object, but if i need to snag a dissapate off a fermata song I can.

Gravikor helps tremendously against any book running flyers.  Sure, I can use the wand or trident to hit them but my creatures are useless unless I take care of pesky flyers.  And, if i need to protect it, i can sirens call and then guard gravikor.

Song of love is used for naiya and the shaman.  Now I have found out a way to manipulate the love tokens if you have 2 song of love tokens on the field because song of love states "destroy A love token in play" not the original love token for this enchantment.  It is not always optimal and it is tricky dicky to pull off.  But, if you have creature A attacking one guy and creature B attacking another guy.  song of love A one turn then B the next.  When one Song of love goes away, B may be inclined to move and hit A.  If they move away from B, just remove the love token from B when the first song of love fully dissapates.  Then B will still have a song of love on them and can still not hit the creature they thought they could.   If that was confusing I appologize but that is the best way I can describe it without showing you on a game board :b.   This also works with 2 chant of rage cards.

Shift enchant is to manipulate the songs even more to get more benefit out of them if I need to or make sure one of my creatures stays alive longer.  I only chose this over enchantment transfusion because of the 1 sbp I save.

Battlefury for the Beserker!  2 double strike attacks, can't go wrong there!  It is also nice for the siren using a trident.

Force orb is for my siren.  Having her in the sea makes melee attacking her harder so spells fly at her.  This will help mitigate that until it is dispelled.

gator toughness targets vary depending on the matchup but it is usually for the beserker, sometimes the shaman, sometimes the harpooner, and the mage. Like I said, it varies.

But like I said, this is an experimental book I am working with that can go:

1. croc and bow with sharks
2. spawnpoint and swarm
3. push pull through walls
4. jelly and blightheart
5. wand and trident

The only things I really wish I had in this version are another poisoned blood, agony, a knockdown and a nullify.  But only 120sbps so you gotta make it work.

I am open to constructive criticism so please share!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:45:58 PM by drmambo23 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Grimstringer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Feraligatr and Friends - Siren
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 03:47:14 AM »
this looks really fun! i dont have pvS but this made me want it even more ;_; good job!

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
In this book I'd prefer Deathlock over Poisone Blood (or preferably both, but I appreciate points are always tight...)

I'd prefer Enchantment Transfusion over Shift Enchantment here too. Shift Enchantment is pretty much exclusively for Zone Enchantments in my book, for creatures, the sheer versatility of Transfusion wins hands down.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM »
remember song of love is unique... only 1 in play per side.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
remember song of love is unique... only 1 in play per side.

I knew it was too good to be. Oh well. Thanks for that!

In this book I'd prefer Deathlock over Poisone Blood (or preferably both, but I appreciate points are always tight...)

I'd prefer Enchantment Transfusion over Shift Enchantment here too. Shift Enchantment is pretty much exclusively for Zone Enchantments in my book, for creatures, the sheer versatility of Transfusion wins hands down.

I have made some somewhat significant changes to this book and doing so i found room for another poisoned blood.  Deathlock, while i agree would be amazing, i just dont want to give up my base regen 1. The siren also starts with low life and i dont want to put myself in any unneeded danger. If that makes sense. Bleeds with deathlock are the way to go though, just not for me here
*edit: after some thinking, deathlock may be wortb it, mainly bc necros cant be pb, holy mages are annoying with healing, and druids...i am making room for deathlock!*

And shift enchant had to make the cut when i was looking for more sbps. And now i dont think i have any room for et. Et is more versatile, yes, and may squeeze back in after a few more test games.

this looks really fun! i dont have pvS but this made me want it even more ;_; good job!

If this book can get running it is very fun! Sirens call with a bow and a croc! And if you have a chance pick it up, great mages and cards!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:24:44 AM by drmambo23 »

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »
Ok, so i know 5 games isnt a lot to fully grasp a book and shape it completely. However, i have chosen to make this book a straywood book, same concept except have a pet croc, use swamps, have the bow to shoot and qc lvl 1 animals.  I will update with my straywood edition as soon as i can make it and test it.

I am still working on a croc siren but its going to work a little differently than this and i will update it and make a new post for it. Feraligatr and friends is now a straywood book!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 03:38:07 PM »
I know this isn't really helpful advice, but I prefer Empoleon to Feraligatr.  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 04:59:49 PM »

I know this isn't really helpful advice, but I prefer Empoleon to Feraligatr.  ;D

i never played the games past gold and silver so I have no clue about that pokemon.  But personal preference on any water type pokemon, mudkip holds a special place in my heart as my favorite! <3 mudkip

Mudkip and friends just doesnt strike fear in my enemies soul :/