April 27, 2024, 03:40:21 PM

Author Topic: Deptonne Queen  (Read 3950 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Deptonne Queen
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »
I thought it would be nice to add some Siren books on this forum. I haven't seen many.

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Deptonne queen[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Siren Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSA02]3 x Swell[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]3 x Surging Wave[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A08]1 x Geyser[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSJ11]1 x Whirlpool[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSJ07]4 x Shallow Sea[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWBG1J02]1 x Gravikor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWJ05]1 x Mana Prism[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWBG1J01]1 x Altar of the Iron Guard[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFW01]1 x Wall of Earth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J19]1 x Deathlock[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSC08]2 x Deptonne Berserker[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC09]2 x Deptonne Bloodshaman[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC22]6 x Shoalsdeep Thrasher[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC23]1 x Shoalsdeep Tidecaller[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC19]1 x Naiya[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSC21]1 x Shoalsdeep Crocodile[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSE06]1 x Healing Madrigal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE01]2 x Ballad of Courage[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE10]3 x Lullaby[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE03]2 x Chant of Rage[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]3 x Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E17]1 x Force Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E31]2 x Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE02]1 x Divine Might[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSQ05]2 x Leviathan Scale Armor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ09]1 x Ring of Tides[/mwcard]
[mwcard=LG01Q07]1 x Waterfall Cloak[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ03]1 x Echo of the Depths[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ10]2 x Shoalsdeep Trident[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q16]1 x Leather Gloves[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01Q04]1 x Leather Chausses[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWDQ06]1 x Tempered Faulds[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSI03]2 x Lesser Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI01]4 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I06]2 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]1 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I12]1 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I02]1 x Battle Fury[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I20]1 x Purify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI12]1 x Minor Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I23]1 x Rouse the Beast[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

The strongest part of this book is that it's a swarm rush. Which is a pretty rare combination. The biggest downside of the Siren is that she is very frail. Originally, this book did not use Naiya and depended entirely on the Siren herself to cast armor and other defences. However, I was often action drained so I decided to add Naiya. I don't intend to cast her every game. Some games it might be much better to simply cast creatures early on. Naiya could be cut again at one point.

Ideal opening with Naiya:
T1 19 Echo (12) + Leather (2) 5 (move 1)
14+1 Naiya (12) + Leather/enchantment (2) 1 (move 2)
10+1+1 (move 1 and attack)

The plan is to be melee attacking from turn 3 on. Naiya will mainly be used to cast songs or even attack. The siren can than be used to attack and cast armor on herself.

Some spells:

- Whirlpool can be used when battling zombies for example. It's overall a very nice spell but expensive. Only is cast once every 5 games, but the times it is cast it can really make a difference.
- Gravikor as main defence against flyers
- Mana prism to protect the swarm against Mordok's obelisk and things like that. Since the deptonnes have bloodthirsty and the Siren uses water, she is pretty weak against conjurations. I prefer neglecting the effect with this spell.
- Altar of the iron guard: I haven't really used this one, but I plan on trying this out with echo. Casting an instant guard in your zone can really help.
- Deathlock & Poisoned blood (x2): In order to keep the bleeds working, I want to make sure they can't heal. I traded my third poisoned blood for deathlock for the druid (infinite regen), the necro (immune to PB) and holy mages.
- Crocodile: I wanted a non-bloodthirsty (aquatic) big guy to support. Kraken/Leviathan/water elemental are too expensive. I also like that he gives bleeds. He could be swapped out for collosal crab at one point.
- Tidecaller: Never leave the house without a tidecaller. These guys are especially good to pressure at the start in combination with Ballad of courage. I originally had 2 but had to take one out for sbp.
- Tidecallers and Trashers are meant to be cast early/mid game while the berserkers and shamans are there for long games.
- Leather & force orb are very important. Lacking actions to cast enough armor is the main reason to add Naiya.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:41:34 PM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Deptonne Queen
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »
So you are engaging on turn 3! That is pretty quick for a spawnpoint and familiar! How often do you cast all your creatures in a game? Or do you have your creatures as contingencies? I would love to hear more about it.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »
Yeah, but like I said, Naiya is still being debated wether I should cast her or not. It will depend on the opponent for sure.

I have never cast every creature, but each of them is pretty important.

- The Thrashers is the creature that comes out nearly every round. They are very good but sometimes too frail. Bloodthirsty means they can almost never guard which is a huge downside. Altar of the iron guard can help in that respect.
- Tidecaller is just all round perfect for the Siren and affordable. I actually really want another one. Also great if the echo is dissolved. He's also much better against undead since he doesn't care about bleeds and bloodthirsty.
- Berserkers & bloodshamans are mostly for long games or if my echo is dissolved. I think I'm going to trade 1 shaman for a tidecaller though. I added 2 to help my trashers, but they only seem to work properly in combination with berserkers.
- Croc is for when I need a big gun. I like to have a really big guy in most of my books and he helps to get out bleeds. He also comes out against undead because he's not bloodthirsty.  But he might be changed for a crab because it is better against zombies..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 03:55:22 PM by Halewijn »

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:31 AM »
With Naiya in play you may want to consider some Bed of Urchins and Coral Barriers. Very powerful in combo with the Siren's Call.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »
I had these in for a long time until I realised I never used them. This mage is advancing herself and wants to get in the face of the opponents.

I have another Siren build that stays much more in the back drawing the opponents to her with songs, calls and snatchers. Killing everything with the Corals & Urchins. ;)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:19:19 AM »
I had these in for a long time until I realised I never used them. This mage is advancing herself and wants to get in the face of the opponents.

I have another Siren build that stays much more in the back drawing the opponents to her with songs, calls and snatchers. Killing everything with the Corals & Urchins. ;)
Understood. I was thinking Naiya would set up the Conjurations and the Siren would just call her next target to her. Before she attacks the conjurations would take a bite out of her target.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 09:56:28 AM »
Might as well add the pirate ship to get this little guys and extra melee die for 1 sbp and 4 mana I believe it costs.