April 28, 2024, 10:56:53 PM

Author Topic: Err Muh Gurmash - Bloodwave Warlord  (Read 8093 times)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Err Muh Gurmash - Bloodwave Warlord
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
It makes sense because of the autonomous trait.  Autonomous stuff isn't affected by conditions or traits in the mage either.  Daze, stun, restrained and the like all have no affect on it. Currently no it wouldn't be OP on the scimitar itself, but they could add more autonomous things I  the future that could be more easily exploited in such a way. Scimitar is 8 up defence always, unlike cobra reflexes or reflex boots which both turn into 9 up with a daze, 11 up with a daze and a tanglevine. Scimitar doesnt have those drawbacks, and so making it even better than it is AND having it be unaffected by any traits or conditions would indeed make it a bit too baller in my opinion
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 11:12:11 AM »
I like the feel of this book it lets the Warlord warlord.

Dancing Scimitar is an item I've looked at but 4 spellbook points seems high.

Though I have not used it a lot myself.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »
   Attacks
Surging Wave
Stalagmite
Hurl Boulder x2
Hurl Rock x2

Conjurations
Ballista
Mana Flower
Gravikor
Armory
Barracks
Garrison Post
Steep Hill
Wall of Earth

Creatures
Gurmash, Orc Sergeant
Goblin Slinger x2
Orc Butcher
Skeletal Sentry x2
Skeletal Minion x4
Royal Armorer
Straywood Scout

Enchantments
Defend Me
Promotion x2
Press the Attack
Nullify
Akiro's Favor
Critical Strike
Chant of Rage
Glancing Blow
Standard Bearer
Brace Yourself
Fire at Will

Equipment
Mage Wand
Harshforge Plate x2
General's Signet Ring
Ring of Command
Steadfast Boots
Tempered Faulds
Captain's Cape
Strategist's Helm x2
Horn of Gothos
Morning Star
Champion's Gauntlets x2
Wychwood Ironvine

Incantations
Gear Up
Focused Strike x2
Reassemble x2
Remove Curse
Battle Fury x2
Dissolve x2
Force Push
Lesser Teleport x2
Purify
Overextend
Minor Heal

Total 120 sbps

An updated gurmash book since academy warlord!

T1 barracks and flower
T2 ring and slinger or ring and armorer if i dont feel rushed
T3 deploy minion, armor him if possible, hard cast gurmash or move and ballista

I do know i have a lot i want to do with this book which is why i chose to not use a forge. I feel that mana will slow me down early on, especially with barracks.  I do have gear up for when i need it. Most equipment doesnt see play often unless i am given the chance to cast it. I will cast it as necessary since i have gurmash and barracks.But i will hard cast rings, maybe cape, and chest piece..all as needed. Gear up is for a wand - rock or reassemble-/ morning star/ horn - goes well with the helmet...(whichever i feel i really need atm), helmet, and gauntlets.

I am considering a forge for late game but have yet to make that decision.

The post is to throw on their side of the arena, useful as a decoy, to get positional advantage, and for barracks mana. Good choice overall but i want to out it near the opponents side if they stick around there.

I want to work with skeletons bc skeletal vets are so much fun! So a minion off the barracks only cost me 2 mana, not too shabby.  Sentries are pretty sweet too. I just couldnt justify 6 mana for the knight. I got 2 slingers amd a butcher for that :)
But i tried to stick with lower mana coat creatures aince thwy can get pretty nasty with battle orders and the new formations on top of the other warlords utilities, standard bearer, armory, etc.

But thats what i have for now on my newest version of this book. Constructive criticism welcome

*edit: removed elemental wand for focused strike x2*
Also considering removing the 4 minions, 1 reassemble
For 1 skeletal knight and 3 elven soldiers and having 1 free sbp for another spell (3rd promotion perhaps). If i remove the horn of gothos as well i will have 4 elven soldiers total and add harshforge knight.

These are a lot of ifs but with more testing i will have a solid direcrtion to go in.  I really want to make the horn work but i feel it is now better for the dwarf and his fast order. Honestly from all of my orc warlord plays in the past the guarding order is the one i almost always use so having the horn may not be ideal for this book? Time will tell.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:31:26 AM by drmambo23 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns