March 28, 2024, 08:51:47 PM

Author Topic: Reflection on the Mage Wars Academy tournament at Gen Con  (Read 7529 times)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Reflection on the Mage Wars Academy tournament at Gen Con
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
The Gen Con Judges have heard your requests Sailor Vulcan and we shall now respond!

First we once again take this opportunity to congratulate you on your win sir! You opened some eyes there and we salute you!

We will personally make sure you have competent, hard fighting challengers for next years tournament. We possess the strongest meta of any city in Mage Wars, we will train from now until next Gen Con to make sure the Academy Trophy rides up with Charlotte, and it's coming home with us too.

Sailor Vulcan: I am coming for your title. What you gonna do when the Silverclawgrizzly runs wild on you!

psshaw.  That title is mine, scum :)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »
go team arcane duels.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »
Yeah right, Grizzlies eat Pudding for breakfast.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Rodge

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 03:15:21 AM »
Very nice blog post, thanks for sharing. And congrats on your win, regardless of how well earned you may think it was!

Like many, I've always thought of Academy as a training level for Arena - or a way to try and entice players to step up and try Arena. I've only played Academy games myself with the base set, which I didn't think was a particularly great experience, and have treated the expansions as extra cards for Arena.
Your post has got me thinking that maybe there is more of a game here, now that the cardbase has expanded a bit. And thanks for sharing your deck, I don't think any Academy deck I've ever played would have had an answer to it :)

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid