April 26, 2024, 04:15:02 PM

Author Topic: Moving and force hold  (Read 6843 times)

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Moving and force hold
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 09:10:32 AM »
Just the way this is all worded now, it sounds like you can have someone take wall damage but still not let them leave the zone, that can't be right.
I didn't know this and must say that is super anti-intuitive and anti theme. I don't like such rules.

I agree, it is anti-intuitive and these rules make MW harder to play, thus I don't like those rules either.

But since these are the rules, try to imagine it this way:

Force hold is a "ethereal hand" (at least on the picture)
This hand originates somewhere in the center of your zone. The moment you run away (move somewhere else) it can't immediately react, but after a few seconds - in which you are already half way through the wall - the hand comes after you and pulls you back to the center, restraining you there.

That way you could ..  "logically" explain force hold.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Moving and force hold
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »
Just the way this is all worded now, it sounds like you can have someone take wall damage but still not let them leave the zone, that can't be right.
I didn't know this and must say that is super anti-intuitive and anti theme. I don't like such rules.

I agree, it is anti-intuitive and these rules make MW harder to play, thus I don't like those rules either.

But since these are the rules, try to imagine it this way:

Force hold is a "ethereal hand" (at least on the picture)
This hand originates somewhere in the center of your zone. The moment you run away (move somewhere else) it can't immediately react, but after a few seconds - in which you are already half way through the wall - the hand comes after you and pulls you back to the center, restraining you there.

That way you could ..  "logically" explain force hold.
Lol. I will remember that picture. Good “Eselsbrücke“.