April 29, 2024, 06:48:05 PM

Author Topic: enchantments and mandatory enchantments  (Read 1993 times)

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
enchantments and mandatory enchantments
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:15:05 PM »
Question -

I have a creature with 2 enchantments. Block, and Eye For an Eye.

If the attacking creature has multiple attacks, which the first attack is getting bonuses for, where the 2nd attack isn't.

Can I reveal eye for an eye on the first attack which is more dice, then Block on the second attack?

What if there are 2 different creatures going to attack. if I reveal eye for an eye on the first attack, would the block also trigger causing them both to fail?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: enchantments and mandatory enchantments
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »
Im afraid all your mandatory reveal card would have to be revealed on the first attack.

Eye for Eye isn't a mandatory reveal like Block and others.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: enchantments and mandatory enchantments
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 12:46:46 PM »
Mandatory enchantments MUST be revealed when triggered. You can not delay them. However, you don't have to pay for them. Even if their reveal cost is 0, you can choose to not pay for them and let them fizzle, getting no benefit out of them. So, if you had both Block and Eye for an Eye on the same creature, you could choose to let block be destroyed without an effect in order to benefit from the Eye for an Eye on the first attack.

It's also important to note that with all of the expansions that have come out recently, a lot of mandatory enchantments have different triggers now days. For example, Glancing Blow is triggered at the beginning of the Roll Dice Step. Which makes it good for stacking with things like Block, because if the Block works, then you don't waste the Glancing Blow.