April 26, 2024, 01:25:00 AM

Author Topic: Primer For Convention Competitive Play.  (Read 9400 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Primer For Convention Competitive Play.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 09:59:45 AM »
I should start playing motivational fight songs during tournaments to psyche competitors up. I'm thinking the Mortal Kombat theme song too.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »
I should start playing motivational fight songs during tournaments to psyche competitors up. I'm thinking the Mortal Kombat theme song too.

I wish I knew how to write musical notation. I've written a bunch of songs but I only wrote down the lyrics and the tunes are all in my head. Would have been very cool to play my unofficial Mage Wars theme song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 02:23:17 PM »

MegaDriver does a really good version of that song

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
Exhausted after playing 5 matches  :P

Nah i wanna play 5 more  ;D

I'm beat after one, and about catatonic after two... still I'll play if I can.

If you haven't played in a con setting before, know that it's the best chance to get in a few games against people you don't usually get to play, see play styles that might inspire you, and learn new and interesting ways to use existing spells and mages.

One example: I had never used, or played against anyone who used, Jinx before seeing it used amazingly well at a GenCon a few years back. It really made me rethink that spell, which seemed to me before that to be a simple waste of mana.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess