March 29, 2024, 12:45:58 AM

Author Topic: Using expansions for demos?  (Read 4229 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Using expansions for demos?
« on: May 08, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
Has anyone tried using the warlock or the priestess starter books for academy demos? If so do you have any advice on how to do this? Are there any particular opening moves that I can set up during the setup rounds for new warlock or new priestess players? Or is it better to not do the set up rounds for them?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Using expansions for demos?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 04:13:31 PM »
I haven't demo'd the Priestess/Warlock yet, but I would do it exactly the same as I would for Beastmaster/Wizard. Explain how to read the cards and go over the different types of cards. Explain the basic mechanics of the game. And yes, go through the setup rounds. I usually tell them the advice that they should start by either getting out creatures or equipment during setup, but otherwise let them decide for themselves. Don't worry about strategy too much. It's about exploring and learning. Nobody expects to be a master their first time picking up a game.