May 01, 2024, 03:14:36 PM

Author Topic: I've started a virtual private network for playing Mage Wars on OCTGN!  (Read 3473 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Since OCTGN's main server has been out of service for the past week I've started a virtual private network for playing mage wars on OCTGN using Hamachi. Each network has a limit of five computers per network. So far I have created only one network, but if there's enough interest I can probably create more.

If you want to join, you can download Hamachi here: https://www.vpn.net/
After that just create a hamachi account, log into the app, go to the network tab and click on "join network". Then enter the login info for the network you want to join. Or you can create your own network.

Accept the incoming new network connection. Both players must be connected to the network using the Hamachi app in order to play against each other on the network.
After that open OCTGN and select the "Play and Spectate" tab.

If you are hosting a game press start and open a game. Then make sure to give your opponent the port number and your Hamachi IP address (not your actual IP address!) otherwise they will not be able to join. The port number is in the upper left corner of the game lobby in white text on black background.

If you are joining a game just press "join unlisted" and use the port number and the Hamachi IP address that the host player gave you to join the game.

It's really that easy. If you still want to play Mage Wars on OCTGN and don't want to possibly have to wait to start playing again, just follow the instructions and start playing! See you in the Arena!

List of Hamachi networks for OCTGN Mage Wars

Sailor Vulcan's networks

Network ID: OCTGN Mage Wars Hamachi Logmein
Password: magewarriorssecrethandshake

Network ID: OCTGN Mage Wars Hamachi Logmein 2
Password: magewarriorssecrethandshake2

Network ID: OCTGN Mage Wars Hamachi Logmein 3
Password: magewarriorssecrethandshake3
________
Note: Hamachi VPNs have a chat function. So if you want to send a message to someone else connected to the network, just right click on them and select chat. Also the Ping function does not actually send an alert to another computer, I'm not sure what it does but I think it just tests their connection to the network.

IMPORTANT: AS SOON AS YOU ARE DONE PLAYING, DISCONNECT FROM THE SERVER. THERE IS A LIMIT OF 4 CLIENTS PER SERVER, AND I CANNOT BOOT PLAYERS FOR SOME REASON. GIVE OTHER PLAYERS THE CHANCE TO USE THE SERVERS...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:08:53 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
How exactly do you connect OCTGN through this?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I've started a virtual private network for playing Mage Wars on OCTGN!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »
How exactly do you connect OCTGN through this?

Sorry turns out I missed a step in there adding it to OP now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Am I missing the purpose of a private network for Octgn?

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Octgn is down atm.
The Phoenix shall rise.

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Octgn is down atm.
Well now it just makes too much sense lol

Thanks!