March 29, 2024, 06:30:34 AM

Author Topic: Deck Builder Tool?  (Read 10962 times)

ahzrab

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Deck Builder Tool?
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:12:05 AM »
Is there seriously no online deckbuilding tool for MW Academy available or am I looking at the wrong sites?

Friend of mine wants to build his future deck but has no cards since I'm the one with all the cards, kinda makes this stuff a little bit difficult.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Builder Tool?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:23:41 AM »
A forum user made this spell book builder and it is fantastic (link below). The academy sets are on here as well. Just select how many of each academy set you want to use and build the book that way. Other than that i would suggest octgn which has a great spell book builder as well.

http://www.spellbookbuilder.com/
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Deck Builder Tool?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 09:11:17 AM »
Just a heads up neither of them have the Academy Mage ability cards on them. The beastmaster's training is the same as in arena, but the academy warlock and priestess pay triple for cards in their opposed school even if novice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ahzrab

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:46:49 AM »
Thanks for the input, the online deckbuilder seems solid albeit a bit confusing for me.

So I guess a Mage Wars version of those template deckbuilders like ringsdb.com , arkhamdb.com, netrunnerdb.com or dtdb.co is currently not in the works?

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
I've added proper support for academy mages on http://www.spellbookbuilder.com/
Check it out and let me know if I need to fix anything (I don't play academy).

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 11:39:05 AM »
I've added proper support for academy mages on http://www.spellbookbuilder.com/
Check it out and let me know if I need to fix anything (I don't play academy).

Nice!  Just checked it out and noticed you can select "Usable" on one of the filters at the bottom so it hides Arena cards and only shows you Academy cards. Unfortunately it also hides Academy promo cards (like Gorgon Spearthrower, Shock, Sactuary, etc). Would be nice if they were still included with orange "(!)" leaving it up to the user whether or not they want to allow/include Academy promos in their Academy spell books.

It appears that some Academy cards might not be correctly labeled. For example, Redirect doesn't appear as "Usable" and can't be added to my Academy spell book, despite being from the Academy core set. There might be others (I haven't tried to go through every card or anything).

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
Thanks for your feedback iNano78, I forgot to mark academy promos as usable by academy mages. I've uploaded a fix so it should be ok now.

I checked Redirect and according to the data I have there are 3 copies in academy warlock expansion and it is not part of academy core set. The data I have may not be correct as it was collected from various unofficial sources. I'd be happy to check the data against any list you can provide.

Cheers

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
Thanks for your feedback iNano78, I forgot to mark academy promos as usable by academy mages. I've uploaded a fix so it should be ok now.

I checked Redirect and according to the data I have there are 3 copies in academy warlock expansion and it is not part of academy core set. The data I have may not be correct as it was collected from various unofficial sources. I'd be happy to check the data against any list you can provide.

Cheers

This may be time consuming, but you can check each card by its image. Any card image with the school name spelled out under the school symbol is an Academy card; any without text is Arena only.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 11:01:05 AM »
I don't believe there are issues of that kind (academy cards not being marked as academy), the issue with Redirect you reported was that count was 0 with academy core set selected, but from the data I have that it seems Redirect is only available in warlock expansion so that doesn't seem to be a bug (unless my data is wrong). If you have a card count for each set I can cross check that.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
I don't believe there are issues of that kind (academy cards not being marked as academy), the issue with Redirect you reported was that count was 0 with academy core set selected, but from the data I have that it seems Redirect is only available in warlock expansion so that doesn't seem to be a bug (unless my data is wrong). If you have a card count for each set I can cross check that.

I'm not sure I follow.

These cards don't appear under "Useable" but do appear under "All" but still can't be added to an Academy book. For example, your spellbookbuilder says I own 6 copies of Redirect, but when I'm on a slot for an Academy mage (e.g. Beastmaster), the spell cost is "n/a" just as it is for any Arena-only spell, and nothing happens when I click the "+" despite having non-zero card count owned. Same is true for Eye of Bael (of which I own 4 according to the builder).

Are only Academy core set spells allowed when building an Academy mage book?

(I don't have card counts for each expansion on hand, but the count doesn't seem to be the problem)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:54:44 AM by iNano78 »

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 01:41:58 PM »
I'm unable to reproduce the problem you are having, both spells you mentioned work normally when I test.
I would like to understand and correct the problem, can you share info on what OS/browser you are using? Does the problem happen if you use a different slot?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »
I'm unable to reproduce the problem you are having, both spells you mentioned work normally when I test.
I would like to understand and correct the problem, can you share info on what OS/browser you are using? Does the problem happen if you use a different slot?

Windows 7 Professional, SP1

Google Chrome
Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Changing slots doesn't help; e.g. Slot 5 Academy Warlock can't add Burning Cuirass (doesn't show up when filtered by "usable"; shows up when filtering to "all" but can't be added to spell book; has cost = "n/a"); slot 16 Academy Beastmaster can't have Redirect (same).

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 10:41:40 AM »
Using the same setup you are using (Chrome 59.0.3071.115 and Windows 7 SP1) I did not see the issue.
What sets do you have selected? Can you post a screenshot (or send it via PM on to grga.curkovic AT gmail.com)?