April 17, 2024, 09:42:11 PM

Author Topic: The Paladin!  (Read 6274 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
The Paladin!
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »
The OP mage. The Mage I believe is the strongest right now. Here's why:
1. Too Scary
All a paladin needs is his sword, bear strength, and gauntlets and you are in a very tricky spot. You do not want to spend all your actions removing his stuff, but if you don't you will get hit HARD.
2. Not Weak to Anything
You can't go big buddy against him, he will just wreck it. Swarm doesn't really work etheir as he will have creatures of his own and enough actions to stop the swarm. Fast play is good vs him, but he will still got enough actions out of the forge most likely.
Massive spellbook and too flexible
Since he is trained is so many good cards, his books are always huge. He will benfit from almost every expansion since he is so god dang versatile.

These are just my humble thoughts.
The Phoenix shall rise.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Paladin!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:51:39 PM »
I don't think he's overpowered.
He is tough, yes. But channeling 9 only and by far not the best in all situations. For example for really long survival games I would say priestess is still the better choice. He has good tools, but I don't think he is OP. Others can beat him in normal matches. No auto-win included :)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 01:15:36 PM »
The long game benefits him as well because of his aurus. That ability is so good and in most games, he doesn't even need them.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 04:29:47 AM »
ב"ה
The paladin is a decent mage, but I don't think he is overpowered.
A Beastmaster with a cat book could cause some difficulty with too many defenses (and paladins usually don't run more copies of Falcon Precision than the beastmaster run dispels).
I also had some troubles against a melee forcemaster. I didn't dare challenging him because he roll more dice than me. I only won that game because I survived long enough to eventually swarm him with enough creatures (even though I was close to death).

Pritoos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:19:24 AM »
I don´t think it is OP, but Paladin is a very good mage. I think the best new addition after necro.

He has access to the best cards in war school (ballista, ballad of courage, harshforge plate...). He summons more than decent creatures (I always thought holy creatures where the best medium size buddies) and has both a very good attack ability (challenge) and a quite decent long term one (auras).

He can go on attacking anyone because he can heal, and that is a good point in a damage race. He hits fast and hard with ballad of courage etc, and has access to quite a good range of equipment (sword is awesome, and I can´t decide which armor is best).

Has a good chance against one of the best mages nowadays (necro). And he can build a versatile book.

But: The spawnpoint is not great I think and he somehow needs it, and versatility always comes with a flaw: jack of all trades, master of none. He almost masters rush attack, but he lacks the +1 dice on other mages... he can hold a position while his ballista and royal archer shoot the enemy, but he lacks himself the arguments to shoot (no good inschool ranged spells, not likely to be a better archer than priest).

I personally think he is one of the 5 best mages, but if Paladin is overpowered, what do we say about Forcemaster?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:22:09 PM »
I'm struggling to get this mage down but it's coming along. His early game is tripping me up. His creatures are all good but specific for what they do. I'm hoping to get him down to a fluid play. I'm thinking the forge has to go back in my book
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
I'm struggling to get this mage down but it's coming along. His early game is tripping me up. His creatures are all good but specific for what they do. I'm hoping to get him down to a fluid play. I'm thinking the forge has to go back in my book
A quick thing to say about forge with paladin.
I don't really think if you run forge and blue knight you will have enough mana to fuel everything else. So if you run both, you need to cast forge early and get use out of it before blue knight "drains" your mana. Or use tons of cheap equipment like leather.
The Phoenix shall rise.