April 29, 2024, 09:21:24 AM

Author Topic: Purge or No Purge  (Read 3286 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Purge or No Purge
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:27:42 PM »
A very important question. While it is really nice, you have to watch out for transfusion tricks. Also, aren't 2 more dispels and 1 seeking just better? More options, useful in more games.
The Phoenix shall rise.

MrBubu

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Purge or No Purge
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 04:36:48 AM »
most of the time when you want to mass remove something it is curses. So use remove curse. Only problem might be the cost, but it also leaves your own stuff like rhino hide.

So most of the time i would prefer more dispel and remove curses over purge magic

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:28:08 AM »
Thinking about this question is Heresy ... and Heresy must be purged at all costs!
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Pritoos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
most of the time when you want to mass remove something it is curses. So use remove curse. Only problem might be the cost, but it also leaves your own stuff like rhino hide.

So most of the time i would prefer more dispel and remove curses over purge magic

I also prefer remove curse + dispel in most cases... except when I play wizard.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
A very important question. While it is really nice, you have to watch out for transfusion tricks. Also, aren't 2 more dispels and 1 seeking just better? More options, useful in more games.

Mostly I run a Purge AND the 2 Dispels (Or Dispel &  Disperse) and Seeking Dispel...

Probably 90-95% of my books have that as a bare minimum, most with Purify and Remove Curse on top, and often more Dispel effects...