March 28, 2024, 10:11:18 AM

Author Topic: Creatures I would like to see...  (Read 13245 times)

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Creatures I would like to see...
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:20:50 PM »
... in the Future.n

Giants:  Frost Giant, Stone Giant, Hill Giant,...
Elementals: Air Elemental,... Minor Elementals Level 2 for Academy maybe?
More Insect: Ants, a Mantis, Mosquitos.... more Spiders
A Legendary Gigantic Turtel for the Siren
A Shapeshifter with resiland, who adapts the attacks and traits of creatures in his zone.
Oger: Example War Oger, Chainfighter Attacks with range and unavoidable.

A Big Worm in the style as in the Movies "Tremors, Land of Rocket Worms" and "Dune, The Desert Planet"
Example:  Desert Worm Characteristics Slow, Tough -2, Burrow
As long as this creature has a buried marker, it loses the Slow Trait and gets Fast.

New Keyword Burrow: This creature can use a full action to bury itself, Put a Buried marker on this creature. Buried creatures can only be attacked by other Buried creatures in the same zone, attack, spells and skills of other objects in the arena do not affect this creature, As long as it is buried. As soon as this creature attacks an obiekt that does not have a Buried marker , remove the Buried marker from it.

we have the Equipment Wind Wyvern Hide and Storm Drake Hide. I would like to see these creatures if they are not all exterminated.

There are a lot more ...
What would you like to see?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:20:07 PM by Karadox »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Creatures I would like to see...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:24:46 AM »
What would really be nice are some Flying War School creatures.  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 06:30:13 AM »
I wanted this too for awhile. After playing the different mages over several years as new expansions have come along, now i like that each school emphasizes different traits and effects on in-school creatures. If all schools have access to everything than it would be less thematic to me. YMMV

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:56:15 AM »
I wanted this too for awhile. After playing the different mages over several years as new expansions have come along, now i like that each school emphasizes different traits and effects on in-school creatures. If all schools have access to everything than it would be less thematic to me. YMMV

I cannot agree more. Therefore,  I do not want flying war things. Lets keep them soldiers on the ground.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:57:38 AM »
I cannot agree more. Therefore,  I do not want flying war things. Lets keep them soldiers on the ground.

While I wouldn't want too many or too powerful of War flying creatures, I'd love to see a fragile Goblin and/or Dwarven solo-piloted flying machine. Maybe make one of each that are Unique or Legendary... and reasonably fragile and/or with low attack (since it takes so much of the pilot's attention to keep it in the air).
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:10:08 AM »
I dont like War shool and Flying creatures Reach, like my example of the oger, Or Creatures with bow, crossbow or throwing weapons, Is good for the War School.
Hmm maybe a War Machine, a Legendary Dwarven Airship or  Unique Goblin Balone I can imagine;-)

What I would like is a Skeleton with intercept ... a Skeletal Tomb Guardian
A legendary Lich Lord who can Summon level 1 and 2 Undeads.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:54:48 AM by Karadox »

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 12:20:47 PM »

I still would like at least one. Every single other school has Flying creatures, so already the flying ability is pretty spread out and in-school accessible to all but War.

And not hard to imagine that with the mechanization of War school that there could be some Da Vinci-esque flying harness a Goblin could use. ;D

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 12:46:07 PM »
How about a Giant who can throw Level 1 Creaturs ;-) then you would have fligenden Goblins.

Joke aside, I think nothing speaks against such a creature or a conjuration for the War School.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 12:54:38 PM »
How about a Giant who can throw Level 1 Creaturs ;-) then you would have fligenden Goblins.

Joke aside, I think nothing speaks against such a creature or a conjuration for the War School.
That is a cool idea man! Throw creatures around. The thrower takes corporeal, normal movable creatures and throws them up to 2 zones away. Thrown creatures get a slam condition and unavoidable 3 dice attack (floor hits like the arena wall). I like that !

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 01:21:58 PM »

Playing BloodBowl too, are you ? ;)

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 01:56:11 PM »
you got me! :)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »
And not hard to imagine that with the mechanization of War school that there could be some Da Vinci-esque flying harness a Goblin could use. ;D

There is precedent for this in some other games and franchises...

I could either envision 1x Dwarf and 1x Goblin that are each Legendary, or I could imagine cheap Level 1 goblin flyers that are basically [mwcard=MW1C08]Darkfenne Bat[/mwcard]s without the d12 Rot roll and coming in a point cheaper to cast. Should probably be a "Pest," too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:35:45 PM by iNano78 »

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 11:36:36 PM »
I want to see some more powerful nature flyers
The Phoenix shall rise.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 12:55:39 AM »

A Big Worm in the style as in the Movies "Tremors, Land of Rocket Worms" and "Dune, The Desert Planet"
As long as this creature has a buried marker, it loses the Slow Trait and gets Fast.

New Keyword Burrow: This creature can use a full action to bury itself, Put a Buried marker on this creature. Buried creatures can only be attacked by other Buried creatures in the same zone, attack, spells and skills of other objects in the arena do not affect this creature, As long as it is buried. As soon as this creature attacks an obiekt that does not have a Buried marker , remove the Buried marker from it.
Only if buried creatures take double damage from earthquakes. They also couldn't move through aquatic terain, and if aquatic terrain would be cast on their zone they would lose buried and gain slam. It need special interaction with some spells.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »

Only if buried creatures take double damage from earthquakes. They also couldn't move through aquatic terain, and if aquatic terrain would be cast on their zone they would lose buried and gain slam. It need special interaction with some spells.
they can still bury under water. There generally is some ground  8)