April 24, 2024, 12:40:05 PM

Author Topic: Should every spellbook include Chain Lightning?  (Read 5944 times)

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Should every spellbook include Chain Lightning?
« on: October 05, 2012, 04:38:29 AM »
I just recently added Chain Lightning to my Priestess deck on a lark, and it was HUGELY instrumental in helping me defeat the Beastmaster in a game last night. Elemental Wand + Chain Lightning = exceptional re-usable crowd-control.

Now, I'm not talking about theorycrafting, or the metagame, really, just principle. It is exactly the kind of spell that can swing the tide of battle in your favor, and, as a meta card, I think it really could warrant inclusion in just about every spellbook.

Thoughts? Opinions?

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Should every spellbook include Chain Lightning?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »
It is pretty expensive but it is an amazing spell. Recently hit one of my own creatures to keep the lightning bouncing. Blinding flash is cheap if you have some creatures to attack the dazed and stunned creatures.

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:03:18 PM »
It is expensive, yeah. Not only to cast, but to include, but, in the grand scheme, I don't think it's too expensive for inclusion in just about any spellbook. The cost to cast could be problematic for or against certain mages, so that's a consideration, too, I guess...

Hrm...

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

PBKWMatt

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:23:32 PM »
The spell by itself is great.  As for the wand thing, I would not ever count on a wand with an attack spell bound to it lasting very long.  Explode, Dissolve, etc will go after it.

That said, it is a great combo, I just don't think you can build around/depend on it.