April 19, 2024, 10:23:59 PM

Author Topic: Any Mage Wars players in Columbus, Ohio?  (Read 7029 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Any Mage Wars players in Columbus, Ohio?
« on: July 21, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »
Hi. I was just wondering if there's any mage wars players on here who live in Columbus, Ohio? Either Academy or Arena?

It's been several years since I started playing and I've only played like maybe eleven or twelve full games of Arena and maybe less than ten games of Academy outside of OCTGN since I began. It's okay if you don't like me and don't want to play with me, but I really would like to know. I have a big collection of mage wars cards that I've barely used since I started playing. An Arcane Wonders ambassador once told me that there are actually a lot of people who play mage wars in Columbus and that none of them want to play with me because of my own poor behavior, and he told me to stop playing Mage Wars because I was making the forum environment toxic and I was hurting the community with my continued presence in it. An Arcane Wonders staff member told me this isn't true, and I'm still not sure if it is or not.

Not trying to have a pity party here or anything like that, if no one wants to play with me in real life it's not the end of the world. But this question has been bothering me for months, and I would really like to know if I'm wasting my or other people's time here.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Any Mage Wars players in Columbus, Ohio?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »
   I don't think you are toxic. I have no real opinion one way or another actually. Just another forum / fellow mw player. I am in indy, and would consider a road trip to get some games in. Likewise you would be welcome to come to indy to play.

ExcaliburTK

• Curator of the White Spires
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
There is a group in Mansfield, OH about an hour north of columbus at a store called hero's haven. They do events every other Friday, theres one tomorrow on the 26th. I am originally from the mansfield region but am currently at school in nelsonville, OH an hour southeast of columbus. I'll be at the event tomorrow in mansfield but other than that I'd love to play sometime.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 03:35:18 AM »
There is a group in Mansfield, OH about an hour north of columbus at a store called hero's haven. They do events every other Friday, theres one tomorrow on the 26th. I am originally from the mansfield region but am currently at school in nelsonville, OH an hour southeast of columbus. I'll be at the event tomorrow in mansfield but other than that I'd love to play sometime.

I don't have a car that's too far away to reach by bus. Uber will be too expensive for an hour trip like that. Plus I have a part time job and classes.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ExcaliburTK

• Curator of the White Spires
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:04:38 AM »

I don't have a car that's too far away to reach by bus. Uber will be too expensive for an hour trip like that. Plus I have a part time job and classes.

Well if I'm in gonna be in columbus I'll post it on here so maybe we can meet up for a couple games

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:06:41 PM »

Well if I'm in gonna be in columbus I'll post it on here so maybe we can meet up for a couple games

That would be great thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
Letting nearby indy folks know only 1 month away for mw weekend in indy. 2/24 - 2/26. Out of town folks welcome. Let me know if you can make it, and I will send details.