Domination Solo Mage Event
3 (13%)
Arena Teaching Sessions
3 (13%)
Tournament Practice Against A Judge
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 08, 2017, 10:03:05 AM

Author Topic: Gen Con 2017 Events  (Read 12982 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Gen Con 2017 Events
« on: January 25, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
Listen up Mage Warriors we're planning the Mage Wars events for Gen Con 2017 and I want your input on what we should do. These are events we'll have ACTUAL tables at Gen Con for, not just casual gaming where we can find space for. So keep in mind this will be in addition to casual play(which I will help organize) and the big arena tournament.

I'm personally inclined towards the Domination Team Event. Some Academy is going to happen. I'm inclined against Tournament Practice as a scheduled event that'd require tickets. We can just do that with casual meet ups.

Also please note I'll be organizing and deciding the formats for these events. A Domination tournament for example would yes have a time limit and have the same map for each match that I would announce well in advance.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:05:10 AM by silverclawgrizzly »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Gen Con 2017 Events
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »
Will there be any non-domination team games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »
In casual play sure. I'd still suggest using the domination boards though honestly.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 06:57:51 PM »
Mage Warriors I'm very happy to announce the Mage Wars events at Gen Con 2017!!!

Thursday:

Domination 2v2 Tournament: Think you and your buddy are bad enough to win against the best teams at Gen Con? Come compete for the trophy and the glory!

Casual Play/Practice Against Judges:  Want to get some extra practice in before the Arena Tournament? Well ole Grizzly has your back. I and my elite team of Gen Con judges will help you practice, customize your books, and get ready. Or just come and play with reserved tables for all.

Friday:

Arena Tournament: Day 1 of the Gen Con 50 Championship! Come prove you're the biggest and the baddest! Snacks will be provided.

Saturday:

Arena Tournament Finals: No sign up, invitation only based on Day 1 performance.

Academy Tournament: Come fight it out in Academy! Very happy to be presenting this event.

Sets must be out for 30 days prior to Gen Con to be legal.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 07:48:02 AM »
What kind of snacks will there be? I'm on a permanent diet. Can't have wheat or corn, can't have desserts, junk food or added sugar. Anything else is fair game as long as it doesn't have a bunch of random non-food substances added into it. If you guys don't have any healthy snacks I'm perfectly willing to bring my own for myself just in case, but it would be nice to have free snacks if there are any healthy ones there so I'm not missing out.

I'm definitely going to be in the academy tournament and the arena tournament. I wish I could be in the 2v2 tournament but I don't have anyone to team up with and I need to sell my unopened domination set in order to afford DvN, LG and the academy priestess. If anyone wants my domination set and would like to buy DvN to trade, please let me know!

I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 08:39:44 AM »
The snacks will be the snacks we bring. I pay for them out of my pocket so it's take it or leave it. Don't know what it'll be yet as that's months out. Last year I brought water, sodas, and little debbie cakes I think.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 08:41:34 AM »
You can bring your own snacks or buy some at the venue

And you can try and find a partner there to play domination
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

ExcaliburTK

• Curator of the White Spires
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »
sailor id be happy to be your partner. feel free to send me a message

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 09:45:14 AM »
what map will we be using? the size and shape of the map and how many sslaks and orbs there are can have a huge impact on what kinds of strats will work on it. Will it be the more balanced version of truce at straywood which I made (insert two corner zones where they should have been to prevent walls from being OP)? Or will it be something else?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 10:09:43 AM »
Map will be decided later. I'll most likely have one of my judges design something.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Gen Con 2017 Events
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »
Also if I may offer some ideas: if you want, you can place control markers on secret passages. Then only one of the two teams can use that particular passage.

Or you could allow players to gain control of a secret passage by hitting it with a melee attack or spending a vtar or something like that while in that secret passage's zone. Like there's a trap door that you have to open or something.

You could also make it so that some secret passages only connect at specific locations. So for instance if you have 3 secret passage markers on the board and each could only be moved though in one direction, A->B->C->A... Or maybe you have two passages like A<->B and C<->D. Or maybe you have some crazy one way passage circuits like
A->B->C->A... and D->E->F->D...

Or you could have two passages that only go one way: A->B and C->D.

You could even have secret passages that collapse after moving through them enough times. Or maybe secret passages with the dissipate x trait.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 04:11:17 PM by Sailor Vulcan »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 06:49:56 PM »
Not going to be any custom rules. For both Academy and Domination the rules and formats presented will be what's used 8)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
How soon will we know what the map is? My teammate and I have a strategy in mind but we need to know what the map looks like in order to know whether it can work.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 06:39:43 PM »
I'll try to get that out as soon as possible. I may use another of the 4 player maps and just increase the needed V'Tari.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 08:11:05 PM »
Not going to be any custom rules. For both Academy and Domination the rules and formats presented will be what's used 8)

Galaxxus?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever