April 19, 2024, 08:36:52 AM

Author Topic: Best opening: Bloodwave Warlord  (Read 9141 times)

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Best opening: Bloodwave Warlord
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »
Bloodthirsty only works on living creatures. Bear strength works on all, so I lean more towards bear strength. I know this is just one example, but it is a very good one. Id would rather pay the the extra SBP and just have 1 card than have 2 cards to cover both matchups.

Also Warlords want Channelling buffs and currently you either have arcane or nature spells. When arcane costs 3 points for mana crystal, I will pay 2 points for the nature version. Outposts are a lot harder to place and easier to disrupt. Id rather place two mana flowers in 2 different zones and hard cast. I have played this version and found it just as viable.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »
Bear strength also requires living
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
I get what you meant now! Oops
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 07:34:06 AM »
I've played the meditation amulet 2 sbp / yard build and it works out pretty nice for me.

I honestly tend to find myself running out of space for zone exclusive conjurations.

An running 3 spawn points takes some getting used to.  CY / Forge / Barraks

Where I find a flaw in this build is the lack of your armory which in creature heavy play is VITAL.

2 armor / 1 piece orc butcher are LEGIT.   :D
3 armor / 5 melee / 1 piece VET butchers from what most opponents say need to die sooner rather than later!

As a warlord you can run out of zones to put down your stuff and this is really the biggest drawback.  a CY stocking up on mana is not a problem at all because you should have plenty of stuff you want to use.  Armory, Wall of Earth/Stone/Iron/Pikes, Altar of Iron Guard, Balista, Hammer, Altar of Carnage. 

These are not things you are casting at start of match so that 4 or 5 mana saved up really does help.  You also get mana for destroying constructs equal to their level. 

An honestly who is going to kill a construction yard...

I think it should also work for earth Terrains but that is another battle...

A free grunt and 1 butcher a turn is a problem for most builds.  Toss in a good standard carry and you have a legit little army.  I've used Panzer guards in the past because they have a dodge. 

I've been thinking a Knight of Westlock might be a good invest though for that purpose.