April 29, 2024, 12:30:21 PM

Author Topic: Earthen Ditch  (Read 4544 times)

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Earthen Ditch
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:27:14 AM »
Here is a idea for a card.

Conjuration
Name: Earthen Ditch
School: Earth
Lv: ? 1-2
What is it: It is a wall that do not block line to of sight, but blocks movement (like a solid wall, earth wall, stone, steel, etc).
I thought about making eagle boots unable to cross, but I think just having a "wall" that blocks movement but not line of sight is a huge deal.

Any thoughts ideas, suggestions?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Earthen Ditch
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:23 AM »
I thought they might do this with a Holy wall. Or maybe make it an attacking wall that deals light damage, extra damage to unholy creatures, but can't be crossed at all by undead creatures, or something like that.

Actually, I'm surprised that Wall of Force blocks line of sight, as it could have had the properties of your Earthen Ditch.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Alex

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:11:16 AM »
It sounds like a terrain card.  Or a "canyon" wall. It is a perfect conjuration for archer based armies, but how do you want to balance it?

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
I realize this hasn't been done yet, but the game mechanics do already support this. This is just a wall with the Blocks Passage trait. That does not automatically add the Blocks LoS trait, which is a separate trait that pretty much shares an icon with the Passage Attacks trait.