April 20, 2024, 02:18:35 AM

Author Topic: Sealed Demon Strike Warlock  (Read 6161 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Sealed Demon Strike Warlock
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:51:40 PM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Sealed Demon Strike[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Warlock (Apprentice) Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAWLA01]3 x Firestream[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01A04]2 x Piercing Thunderstrike[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAWLC07]1 x Mhegedden, Sealed Demon[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAPRE04]1 x Gator Toughness[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLE01]2 x Theft of Life[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLE01]2 x Curse Item[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAWLQ03]2 x Demonhide Mask[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01Q04]1 x Leather Chausses[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01Q10]1 x Wychwood Ironvine[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAPRI01]2 x Crumble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01I02]3 x Disperse[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLI03]1 x Siphon Life[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 40 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

This is another rush deck. I'm not entirely certain how well it works since i havent tested it yet. The basic idea is that in the setup rounds you first summon Mhegedden and put on some armor, and then round 3 you put on the demonhide mask and start throwing attack spells at the enemy mage. When Mghedden is freed he starts attaking the enemy mage too. You've got crumbles and disperse for dealing with armor and things like restore gator toughness or iguana regrowth on the enemy mage. The great thing about the warlock is that his ability lets him reroll attacks, so he's not as worried about getting bad rolls. This allows him to be much more aggressive, I think, since this means an initial rush strategy is much more likely to succeed. The main thing this deck fears is stagger. Fortunately, the only source of 100% stagger chance is the genie, which can only have up to 3 wishes. The lightning jolts come close but one can only have 3 of those max. If they really do too much damage to you though, you've got a siphon life. You've also got theft of life in case they start regenerating.

Hope you like it!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:52:03 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Sealed Demon Strike Warlock
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »
Hello Vulcan. I am 100% sure that my gf would beat you with this book.  ::) (she tends to rush mostly)
You only have mghedden, so no defensive creatures and Mghedden is only active from turn 4 on.

This means that you will probably get a LOT of damage during turn 3 and 4 damaging you too much to come back from that. Since mhgeddon does 6 damage to you too you are pretty vulnerable.

If you want to rush, I highly suggest different demons. Kharn or afflicted demon are probably my picks (supported with elusive enchantments/incantations)

Piercing thunderstrike is good, but I don't think it's worth it since fire is in school. (at least drop 1)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Sealed Demon Strike Warlock
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 05:42:13 PM »
Hello Vulcan. I am 100% sure that my gf would beat you with this book.  ::) (she tends to rush mostly)
You only have mghedden, so no defensive creatures and Mghedden is only active from turn 4 on.

This means that you will probably get a LOT of damage during turn 3 and 4 damaging you too much to come back from that. Since mhgeddon does 6 damage to you too you are pretty vulnerable.

If you want to rush, I highly suggest different demons. Kharn or afflicted demon are probably my picks (supported with elusive enchantments/incantations)

Piercing thunderstrike is good, but I don't think it's worth it since fire is in school. (at least drop 1)

Yeah Kharne with panther stealth would probably be better. Maybe I'll stick in a demonic link too? Since I'm not guarding and since kharne only has 3 dice attack, then it might be useful to have a source of passive healing in case my opponent is healing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.