April 25, 2024, 01:16:30 AM

Author Topic: War Mode  (Read 3886 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
War Mode
« on: December 27, 2016, 10:46:32 AM »
This is a way to have a full scale "war" with your local crew. It'll also work for conventions and could easily be applied to OCTGN as well I imagine. Note the set up is simple to allow for flexibility and customization for specific needs.

Step 1: Pick sides. Easiest is good vs evil with neutral being allowed as well. Everyone picks a mage and one mage only for the war. The canon story stuff lists the "good mages" as the Priestess, Priest, Paladin, Straywood Beast Master, and Wizard. Evil constitutes both Warlocks, Necromancer, Bloodwave Warlord, and Siren. Yeah I'm over simplifying things but whatever this is an example. Rest of the mages go I to the Neutral pile, they can fight for whatever side.

Step 2: Pick stakes. In my town we're fighting for our "official" nickname among the MW community. But maybe at  a con or something you could give out small prizes. Stakes are important though as it gives you something to fight over later.

Step 3: Fight. This isn't a tournament, it's a campaign. Players fight matches and if you lose your mage is dead. You're out. First side to eradicate the enemy wins. This could be wrapped up in one "battle" or event or it could be prolonged.

Again simple, flexible, and engaging.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: War Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:44:22 PM »
Wizard is evil bro, darkfenne is gnarly wicked
Siren is so cool

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »
Wizard can most certainly be seen as neutral at best. In the organized play kits and the world/lore part of the website it states the wizard nation of Sortilege has a mutual defense agreement with Straywood and Westlock the nation of the Priestess.

I'm all for people shifting the alliances of course. Good and evil are an example, be easy to do others.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »
evil would ally itself with good. Getting your enemies to fight each other his very powerful tactic, think colonial England.
Siren is so cool