April 25, 2024, 06:53:28 PM

Author Topic: The Battle for Charlotte  (Read 11311 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
The Battle for Charlotte
« on: December 26, 2016, 11:02:44 PM »
The young Priest looked upon his beloved city, The City of Darkness they called it. It sickened him that the forces of the holy had been lax too long. Merely one lone Priestess to fight the rising tide of evil, and a Priestess known as "the Devil" at that. Necromancers and Warlocks had thrived in this once great land. No more. With Asyras blessing he would gather his armies and make his Charlotte a City of Light! He'd contacted The Devil and an old passing Priestess who once called Charlotte home before being driven from it by the forces of The Bog Queen. Together these three holy warriors and their allies would cleanse the taint of evil from the land.

Though it bothered the young Priest that his offer of alliance to the Bloodwave had been rebuffed he knew there were other allies he could perhaps call on of an most....unusual bent.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: The Battle for Charlotte
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 11:29:25 PM »
Later the Priest walks a section of streets he does not normally associate with. Entering the business of a self proclaimed psychic he sneers at the gaudy trappings of a known front of a bounty hunter for hire in Charlotte. The robbed and masked figure he'd arranged to meet had a savage reputation that was well earned as a sword for hire.

Stoic as always the Priest addresses the woman in front of him "I've heard you collected the bounty on the World Champion at Mace. Impressive. I've two contracts for you to choose from. The Necro King, and the Upstart Warlock."

Impassively the Force Master reads the contacts, their targets, and their payments. "I'll kill the Warlock. After that I'll consider seeing to the Necro King...but raise the bounty."

The Forcemaster gives a last nod of her head before turning and leaving the building. Coin was coin. Good or evil it all spent the same.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 12:21:22 AM »
Oh this is good! This is based on an actual real life Mage Wars tournament right? Keep writing! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 10:20:42 AM »
In his dark sanctum, the Necro King is troubled. He has heard reports from his spies of movement from the accursed charlatans of light. One such presumptuous fool had been seen stalking through the alleyways of his city. He was seen attempting to employ a sellsword.

The Necro King is not troubled by this development so much as by the fact that he has been inactive for far too long. He had been attending to the bureaucratic needs of his city and had not been taking an active role in putting down such rebellion. He recalled the last time he had fought with any real purpose. While establishing his city, a wild man from the woods had attempted to kill both he and a colleague. The crazed man fought his colleague first and defeated her, but the Necro King earned his title by killing the man.

It had been a hard fought battle. Falcons had torn at his face and he had been pummeled by stones, of all things. He had had no choice but to call out his trusted guards, great hulking Brutes that he had raised as zombies. After the minions had torn apart the beast man's friends, he retreated to summon forth a large bear and this proved his undoing. The Necro King teleported him back into the midst of his Zombies and they tore him apart in a bloody frenzy.

Now a new challenge had come. The Necro King did not know if he could rely solely on his allies as he had before. He may yet have to take the field. But what truly troubled him was that he was not sure if the emotion that stirred his heart was excitement at proving himself again or fear.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
...ergh...argh...

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 11:07:14 PM »
They met at dusk on the borders of Charlotte. The young Priest and his ally the Priestess came in search of the dread Necro King. The Unholy ruler of the city had deployed two of his allies to secure the perimeter and transport a prisoner. A fierce and seasoned Warlord demanded the blood of the holy while a young Siren transported a Paladin to be executed.

The Priest could not stand the idea of anyone dying in the watery depths of the Merean homes. He immediately set out to intercept the Siren and free her prison. The Priestess covered his advance in an attempt to hold back the Warlord.

As battled raged brave Metatron was grievously injured and forced to retreat from the horrific Elemental guarding the stone which stole his angelic ability to fly. Astounded he saw as he fled a lone Asyran Defended march willfully into the creatures lair and attack the stone. He was mercilessly savaged by the hydromorphic monster but still he persisted in attacking the Gravikor stone. Finally with his last strength he shattered the stone and provided Metatron and his ally Cassiel with their flight again. The brave defender was immediately slain by a vengeful Siren but it was too late, the damage was done and she'd emerged from her hiding place to find a ready Priest and his angel allies ready to smite her. When the battle was over the Priest released the captured Paladin and offered him a place at his side in the field of battle.

The forces of light would need the new ally as the Priest mournfully found out soon enough. The fair Priestess had been slain by the vicious Warlord and his Orc Butchers. A massive field of dead knights, angels, and heroes littered the ground with dozens of dead goblins as well. On top of his blood covered hill  the Bloodwave legend looked across the field of carnage at the young Priest and nodded in respect before departing. His bloodlust sated for now....

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »
What about the other matches? Sounds intense! :)
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 01:09:20 PM »
The Dark Queen grew impatient. The Necro King played at monarch while she fought in the trenches. She had failed to stop the Beast Master but it was her domination of the city that kept the rabble in line. As The Necro King watched she easily dispatched of this upstart Priest without even exerting a tenth of her strength. As the fool fell dead she made up her mind to destroy the Priestess called Devil and then reassess the power structure of HER city. After matters at home we're settled she'd busy herself with preparing for the battle up north in the realm known as.....Gen Con....soon all would know her power and despair!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 01:24:54 PM »
TRANSLATION FOR ABOVE: Jimillia or "Millie" is a local player and two time Gen Con judge. She's a loveable and patient player who helps train new players. Matches against her are always fun and she's ever ready for a fight. You can ask JasonBourne, Biblofilter, Devilsvendetta, and Sharkbait to name but a few: When she decides to concentrate and bring it you'd best have your A Game. She's beatable but she knows her Necromancer and can surprise you.

She utterly obliterated my Priest and is now gearing up to compete in this year's Gen Con tournament.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
If you don't mind sharing what's her book strat. Seems to be a very interesting book.
The Phoenix shall rise.

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 03:17:11 PM »
Heh, if she beats the Devil, I couldn't care less if she wants to take the role of boss. She'll have to actually win the challenge first. It will hardly matter whether or not I beat you if she loses, after all.

Consider me holding off from the fight my reward for doing well last time. She can have it if she earns it.
...ergh...argh...

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 03:36:15 PM »
I'd have to ask her permission first red. It's a pretty standard skellie Necro though.

As for leadership....Beast Masters gonna come for vengeance soon enough.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
I'd have to ask her permission first red. It's a pretty standard skellie Necro though.

Yeah ofc, no problem!
The Phoenix shall rise.

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if you beat me this time. Zombie necromancers haven't been given much room to grow of late.
...ergh...argh...

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 09:26:50 PM »
I'm willing to go with promos if you want to use the screamers. I'm also going to train our new players Ken and A Ashley to fight the forces of darkness. Though she's already chosen Siren.

KaoriT

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 05:18:20 PM »

Yeah ofc, no problem!
Milli here and don't believe what he says my Skeleton Book is not typical.

Name: DPS Necro
Mage: Necromancer
Total Cost: 119
 Block      Enchantment   1   2
 Cloak of Shadows Equipment   1   2
 Death Ring   Equipment   1   1
 Deathfang   Creature   2   2
 Deathlock   Conjuration   1   2
 Demonhide Armor Equipment   1   2
 Dispel      Incantation   1   2
 Dissolve   Incantation   1   2
 Drain Soul   Incantation   2   4