April 23, 2024, 01:06:24 AM

Author Topic: End game help?  (Read 5091 times)

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
End game help?
« on: December 14, 2016, 06:04:53 PM »
So I've found myself in 3 games against very experienced players and I literally get to where I need one more round of solid attack and there dead and I haven't taken much damage and then opponent teleports wall and puts heal on wand and come back haha. Each of these games were like 3 plus hours with the running away and such. I need help. I either need to be more aggressive early or maybe bring out more creatures versus putting a ton of armor/enchantments on myself?

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: End game help?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »
Deathlock :)
Also, going out of school for good spells is never a bad option if you get the right cards for your play style.

What mage have you been playing with?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 09:57:37 PM »
I was running beastmaster. One game though is my fault as I was playing preset deck for
BM against and didn't have the attack spells for the KO. Another game I used all my tanglevines and most attack spells as I went against a solo mage. I was thinking deathlock myself. Maybe a zone enchantment trap blocking a retreat

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »
Jinx, Astral Anchor, Nullify, Poisoned Blood, Deathlock, Akiro's Favor or any Range 3 Attack spell would be what I would look to include and get savvy with.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 11:06:38 PM »
Well some bad dice rolls played a factor. I had a pet wolf in my zone put badger frenzy on it to try to win. 12 dice and I got one damage off! Range 3 attack spell I should add one of those.

keejchen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 01:57:14 PM »
Most books benefit from eagleclaw boots for the climbing trait. It's good for both chasing and running away. All in all just a nifty tool.
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard