April 27, 2024, 09:50:13 AM

Author Topic: some new books and ideas I have came up with  (Read 2600 times)

NightFurie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
some new books and ideas I have came up with
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »
Ive recently made a force master book with the water elemental because it's a beast a little on the expensive side for spellbook points but it's 5 dice and the push is really good utility for a force master with a couple of wall of thorns out but I played a druid with it and luckily a fairly new mage the druid player was so I was able to pull out a win but didn't get to cast the elemental till 3 or 4 rounds before the game was over just because all of the plants our hydro immune so does anyone have any ways of dealing with them without changing the water elemental or maybe should I just take it out? also I built a paladin book around alfyia to use her special ability when you roll a daze with a light attack do 2 direct damage so I run the new 5 cost clerics to activate Alfyia then do all the light attack buffs I can on the paladin then go hit the other mage with his light Saber or the 5 cost light attack from pvs can't remember the name right now does that sound like a viable strategy?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:48:29 PM by NightFurie »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: some new books and ideas I have came up with
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:44 PM »
Those books sound pretty wicked man!

Against a druid I definitely wouldn't cast that Water Elemental. Luckily you still have a ton of points you could put toward specifically dealing with her.

That Paladin also sounds pretty sweet. I think it could be viable if you take light of dawns and light attcks spells. Also Alandell isn't as as you can pump the stun, but its a lot of mana.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:32:36 PM »
Man it's be expensive but put the fire elemental in as well. They have to deal with it which can draw out the druid and throw off their tempo
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
Man it's be expensive but put the fire elemental in as well. They have to deal with it which can draw out the druid and throw off their tempo

Lol, you are talking 36 spellbook points man :)  Fire Elemental will also be destroyed by the druid's 3-6 level one water attack spells.  I think I'd put something else in instead.  Alandell works well and saves you 3 sbp!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

NightFurie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 06:27:14 PM »
Those books sound pretty wicked man!

Against a druid I definitely wouldn't cast that Water Elemental. Luckily you still have a ton of points you could put toward specifically dealing with her.

That Paladin also sounds pretty sweet. I think it could be viable if you take light of dawns and light attcks spells. Also Alandell isn't as as you can pump the stun, but its a lot of mana.
I do run dawnbreakers and light attack spell I just couldn't remember those names right then and it's a really high mana curve for the paladin so I'm still working on stuff for him and then the force master vs druid was just super hard to deal with because she had tons of armor I couldn't get rid of and then everything being hydro immune but luckily I had thought spores and the new eye conjugation in lost grimimore to kill her with spells