April 27, 2024, 01:12:08 PM

Author Topic: What are some of your favorite cards of the pvs expansion and some of your least  (Read 4207 times)

NightFurie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I'm a warlock player and of course I was excited for drokarr but I like quite a few of the new cards alot of the new creatures with grapple actually I think they'll be a really big game changer if you get them to work right like the crocodile,crab,and kraken.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 02:24:58 PM by NightFurie »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Not a lot I don't like other than Cadsiel MUST die every time I face her. I'm a huge fan of the Shoalsdeep Tidescaller and the Coral Reef. For the Paladin I'm a fan of Eye for an Eye.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

ExcaliburTK

• Curator of the White Spires
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I'm super pumped for metatron, malakai's basilica, and luminous blast

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
I cant wait to try out temple priest with the pillar of light with metatron and a very cheap HA.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
This set is amazing.  I enjoy a bunch of the cards.  Top favorites Knight of the Red Helm, Cassiel, Naiya, Colossal Crab, Swamp, and Mending Wave. 

From first glance and thinking about contributions /cost value  Dawn Breakers Initiate and Echo of the Depths seem really situational and high cost for what they do.  I need to try them both out but it would of been nice to have a conjuration to cast water creatures, or a spawn point similar to banner for water school. 

Dawn Breakers Initiate is decent and I could see a use for him which may tempt me to build a book just around using them effectively. 

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
This set is amazing.  I enjoy a bunch of the cards.  Top favorites Knight of the Red Helm, Cassiel, Naiya, Colossal Crab, Swamp, and Mending Wave. 

From first glance and thinking about contributions /cost value  Dawn Breakers Initiate and Echo of the Depths seem really situational and high cost for what they do.  I need to try them both out but it would of been nice to have a conjuration to cast water creatures, or a spawn point similar to banner for water school. 

Dawn Breakers Initiate is decent and I could see a use for him which may tempt me to build a book just around using them effectively.

Dawn Breaker Initiate is a good combo with the Priest's HA. 3 attack dice from a 5-mana cleric cannot be ignored by the enemy and when the initiate is killed the HA can teleport there and seek retribution!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
I made a book last night entirely built around clerics! The new clerics from this set are amazing! DB initiate might be my new favorite lvl 1 critter. I played them in a priest book with Cassiel and temple of Asyra. It worked incredibly well. Its easy to drop 2 per turn early and because they are so cheap and call for assistance when they die they combo  fantastically well with a holy avenger, a role which nither DB initiate is very well suited for! After an initial wave of DBIs (5 of them) i started cranking out Asyran Celrics and Ehren. A little healing from the clerics and an iguana regrowth got Ehren up very fast (my clerics were healing amazingly that night!) And while the warlord was tied up with my DBIs, ehren and his backpack healers joined the fray. Temple of light,  HoBs, and concecrated ground all made awesome contributions to the cause as well and Luminous blast is an absolute game changer! I haven't even used a paladin or siren yet, and i still think this is one of the best expansions we've ever had! Huzzah for Arcane Wonders! Huzzah for the Arcane duels guys!  Huzzah for Aaron! Huzzah for the play testers! Well done all! Great expansion all around!
I love this game. Its awesome!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
There is also the obvious combo with Valshalla which I'm sure many of us have already noticed, but probably don't want to mention because we want to catch opponents off guard with it. I'm already building a deck with temple of Asyra and Valshalla with dawnbreaker's initiates. Not sure what I want to use for the holy avenger yet.

Looks very fun! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:34:40 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

EricTheGreat12

I made a book last night entirely built around clerics! The new clerics from this set are amazing! DB initiate might be my new favorite lvl 1 critter

you might want to hold back on that one  ;)  I just played my first game as the Siren, against a Malakai Priest, and I might have something to say about clerics.

First off, to answer OP, what I learned throughout my game is that there are three essential creatures for the Siren: Kraken, Shoaldeep Crocodile (one-two is fine) and the Sherean Leviathan. These creatures can pretty much help you dominate a game with the Shallow Sea, and their high dice rolls are essential to victory. Grapple also playing a huge part, and I think that the Kraken has to be the biggest thorn on my opponent's side throughout the entire game till the end, with the 6 dice melee attack being a very nice attack to have.

Now, about clerics, they are generally weak in life and attack, something I am guessing most of the players here know. While Dawn Breaker's Initiate helps move crucial creature around, they were easy meals for my Crocodile. If they are not well played properly, clerics are creatures that the enemy can easily ignore as it doesn't have any dangerous effect on them. I implore for you to not make the decision of a massive cleric book, as you'll end up regretting how weak your army is.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Well... the books been made...and it won. So i think I'm doing alright. The purpose of throwing a bunch of them out was to nuisance the enemy's investments early so by the time you kill one of them a bigger threat was ready to port right away. It worked really well against that particular mage. One doesn't throw a mass of small creatures into a shallow sea and the waiting maw of an angry kraken. I woulda played a bit differently had that been the case. Trust me dude, i know what I'm doing. Your reservations have been duely noted though
I love this game. Its awesome!

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Sweet well I'm pumped to make dawn breakers inttiate or cleric deck sounds promising!  Yep totally agree this is the best expansion that arcane wonders has produced! 

EricTheGreat12

Well... the books been made...and it won. So i think I'm doing alright. The purpose of throwing a bunch of them out was to nuisance the enemy's investments early so by the time you kill one of them a bigger threat was ready to port right away. It worked really well against that particular mage. One doesn't throw a mass of small creatures into a shallow sea and the waiting maw of an angry kraken. I woulda played a bit differently had that been the case. Trust me dude, i know what I'm doing. Your reservations have been duely noted though

Understood; we're here to discuss and enjoy the game, so I'm surprised and glad to hear that your spellbook worked out for you. Of course it all depends at to what mage you are playing against, and you could have possibly gone against any other mage besides a Siren.

Still though, if you play that kind of book against a Siren, you would have to change your plans accordingly due to her Shallow Sea and her powerful beasts.

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Knight of the Red Helm, Noble Protector, and Light of the Dawn are all good cards.  Tsunami combined with Ring of Tides is an amazing combination for a Siren.  Use Limited Teleport to teleport away from your army when you have Initiative and unleash Tsunami.  You will do 4 dice of hydro damage against any non-flyer and you will have a push on anything but a '2', allowing the creatures to be hit again and again. While Druid is almost immune, most spellbooks will collapse.