April 28, 2024, 12:39:11 AM

Author Topic: Maximum number of dice for one attack?  (Read 3731 times)

Head over feels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Maximum number of dice for one attack?
« on: November 05, 2016, 12:17:27 AM »
With what creature and what cards can you create the highest number of dice attack?
Best that comes to my mind of is...
Sherean Leviathan (7d)
In a Shallow Sea (8d)
With Bear Strength (10d)
Siren's Call it (12d)
Marked for Death the enemy (13s)
So that's a max of 26 damage.
What else can we do to get this number higher?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"I have crabs." - Shoalsdeep Siren

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum number of dice for one attack?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 01:26:56 AM »
Minotaur. 8 dice. Plus Bstrength, L savagery, W fury, power strike. 15 dice. I suppose a Bloodwave warlord could also give it melee +1 so 16 dice. Max 32 damage. Perfect dice would kill most mages (oh the incredible odds...)

Add in marked for death for 17 dice if you want. Max 34 damage.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 03:13:48 AM »
If you are going theoretically, you can go much higher. (Never gonna happen though)

Adramelech (6), on plant (+2), with marked for death (+1) as adra. warlock (+1) with bloodfire helmet (+1), with bear strength (+2), lion savagery (+2) wolf fury (+1) Ballad of courage (+2), giant size (+2). Gate of hell is out (+1) with power strike cast (+2) (mage action 1) and bloodthirsty strike (+2) (mage action 2), Sardonyx was just sacrificed (+8) and drakas is in the zone (+1)

Right now I already have 34 dice (maximum 68 damage) and you can probably go even higher.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 03:56:28 AM »
If you are going theoretically, you can go much higher. (Never gonna happen though)

Adramelech (6), on plant (+2), with marked for death (+1) as adra. warlock (+1) with bloodfire helmet (+1), with bear strength (+2), lion savagery (+2) wolf fury (+1) Ballad of courage (+2), giant size (+2). Gate of hell is out (+1) with power strike cast (+2) (mage action 1) and bloodthirsty strike (+2) (mage action 2), Sardonyx was just sacrificed (+8) and drakas is in the zone (+1)

Right now I already have 34 dice (maximum 68 damage) and you can probably go even higher.

... I wanna do that !!! (But only 32 since who wants to hit a plant that hard?)   8)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 04:19:34 AM »
... I wanna do that !!! (But only 32 since who wants to hit a plant that hard?)   8)

And I just realized Giant Size is illegal but I forgot Demonic link so 31. Anyway, you can probably make many combo's like that.

You could swap Adramelech + adramelech warlock for Arraxian crown warlock + Bloodreaper Afflicted demon and include Giant size --> 34 dice

You can probably make insane combo's with beastmasters and canine/Rajan's Fury, metatron and temples,  paladin and light attacks or even Alandell ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:27:01 AM by Halewijn »
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 07:11:13 PM »
We had a similar question in our group recently, only it had to be the mage making the attack. The issue we had with creatures was the variability of growth counters on some. Kralathor sitting back and eating 6 falcons, 6 bobcats, and 6 foxes wasn't really fair to the question being asked. Did not think of sacrificing Sardonyx, but I still got up pretty high through my own jank.

Forcemaster can make a 32 dice attack. Forcemaster carrying galvitar starts at 4 dice. +2 bear strength, +2 lion savagery, +2 ballad of courage, +1 marked for death, +1 gauntlets of strength, +1 hand of bim-shalla, +1 wolf's fury, +8 from four thoughtspores with power strike, +8 from four genie's using their wish on you, +2 from power striking yourself with a quick.

Throwing Sardonyx into the mix makes for a 40 dice 10 piercing attack from galvitar. Ouch.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
...ergh...argh...

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 12:40:24 AM »
We had a similar question in our group recently, only it had to be the mage making the attack. The issue we had with creatures was the variability of growth counters on some. Kralathor sitting back and eating 6 falcons, 6 bobcats, and 6 foxes wasn't really fair to the question being asked. Did not think of sacrificing Sardonyx, but I still got up pretty high through my own jank.

Forcemaster can make a 32 dice attack. Forcemaster carrying galvitar starts at 4 dice. +2 bear strength, +2 lion savagery, +2 ballad of courage, +1 marked for death, +1 gauntlets of strength, +1 hand of bim-shalla, +1 wolf's fury, +8 from four thoughtspores with power strike, +8 from four genie's using their wish on you, +2 from power striking yourself with a quick.

Throwing Sardonyx into the mix makes for a 40 dice 10 piercing attack from galvitar. Ouch.

You could make it even more dice in team play you know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 04:32:08 AM »

You could make it even more dice in team play you know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He already did. Sacrificial Altar is dark mage only. He could use 6 altars to sacrifice Sardonyx twice and 4 other creatures.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
I think that it is more useful to consider more general situations than to consider specific situations.  I also think that it is probably more useful to think about it using more generic creatures.  So, let us examine a Knight of the Red Helm charging the strongest enemy creature (5 dice).  Add Ballad of Courage (+2 Charge), Bear Strength (+2 Melee), Charge (1 action; +1 Charge), Knights Courage (+2 Melee and +1 Piecing against the strongest creature), Hand of Bim-Shalla (+1 Melee), Lion Savagery (+2 Charge and +1 Piercing), Power Strike (1 action, +2 Melee), Temple of Meraveran (+1 Melee), and Vengeful Aura (+1 Melee and +2 Piercing).  The combination allows for 19 dice (38 maximum damage) with +4 Piercing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:35:28 PM by Obsidian Soul »

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 03:49:48 PM »
Hate to burst the bubble, but Ballad of Courage is Psychic and can't target Knight of the Red Helm.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster