March 28, 2024, 03:04:28 PM

Author Topic: Disperse on facedown enchantments?  (Read 5432 times)

chiller087

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Disperse on facedown enchantments?
« on: October 23, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »
Can Disperse be used to destroy facedown enchantments?

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Disperse on facedown enchantments?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 05:35:41 PM »
It can only target revealed enchantments.

chiller087

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:13:03 PM »
Shows how much of a noob I am that I forget to check the target box at the top of the card...

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 07:33:11 PM »
Don't feel bad, it's probably the most common mistake. Even I do it now and then after four years playing >_>

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 06:21:33 AM »
Don't feel bad, it's probably the most common mistake. Even I do it now and then after four years playing >_>

I couldnt agree more :) If you didnt do this mistake, you are not playing Mage Wars long enough :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »

I couldnt agree more :) If you didnt do this mistake, you are not playing Mage Wars long enough :)

That being said more experienced players make that mistake much less often. And usually only for cards they have not used as much, I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 09:35:35 AM »
Every time the playtesters get a new set, several people, myself sometimes included, miss a relevant target line. Everyone makes this mistake with new cards.

There's a relevant story I didn't tell in the Forged In Fire preview article. We testers very nearly missed that Defend lacked the word "Friendly" in the target bar. Laddinfance gave us an 8pm deadline for final notes, and that one was found at 7:30.

I'm sure that the final AW internal review would have caught it, but that would have been embarrassing. : )
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 10:01:19 AM »
Every time the playtesters get a new set, several people, myself sometimes included, miss a relevant target line. Everyone makes this mistake with new cards.

There's a relevant story I didn't tell in the Forged In Fire preview article. We testers very nearly missed that Defend lacked the word "Friendly" in the target bar. Laddinfance gave us an 8pm deadline for final notes, and that one was found at 7:30.

I'm sure that the final AW internal review would have caught it, but that would have been embarrassing. : )

Yea, inexplicably forcing something to lose flying was a strange interaction.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2016, 10:11:44 AM »
Or forcing a timid familiar to Guard so that it would no longer be defended by other guards.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
I personally (caveat: not a playtester) missed the "Living" requirement on [mwcard=MWSTX2FFI06]Defend[/mwcard]; thought it was a great card for my Domination Necromancer until I realized it didn't work on my Skeletons, unlike most other "Command" spells that target friendly Corporeal creatures.  Similarly, I missed that Badger Frenzy only works on Animal creatures; really wanted it to be a cheaper, instant-speed [mwcard=MW1I02]Battle Fury[/mwcard] for Minor creatures in Domination but then discovered I'd been breaking the rules using it with my Warlord to get double-tapping Goblins. Oh, and I tried to use [mwcard=MWBG1E04]V'Tar Force Sentry[/mwcard] to get my own Slow/Lumbering Zombies into position more efficiently before realizing that it only works on enemy creatures. Doh!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 01:23:02 PM »
I feel like I've made every mistake in Mage Wars at some point. I still get pms/comments/ various responses all over the internet pointing out all the flaws I made years ago. If you watch some of our earlier videos in AD, it's pretty bad. That being said, I feel much more confident now, but I always double check less used cards.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest