April 28, 2024, 04:26:14 PM

Author Topic: Druid Economy...  (Read 4816 times)

Guru of Mana

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Druid Economy...
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:18:21 AM »
Hello everyone!
Here is my opener for Druid.
I have not tried it yet, however.

Round 1 = (Vine tree + Harmonize).
Round 2 = (Samara tree + Harmonize) one zone away.
Round 3 = Meditation Amulet + meditate + spawn.

Treebond according to situation, vines and spawns to slow down opponent.
Mana flowers, Fellela and the butterfly can be used to extend your build.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Druid Economy...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
I'd not harmonize it, but rather have an extra mana flower (1 more expensive) but you different target

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 11:39:33 AM »
I wouldn't Harmonise, and I would skip the Samara Tree... a Battleforge is a good additional spawnpoint though.

Guru of Mana

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 03:41:40 PM »
Battle forge is expensive for Druid, and mana flowers stick out of the corner.
Battle forge is against the spellbook style, which is spawn, spawn, and spawn some more.
Harmonize is cheaper both ways and compacts well.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 04:24:41 PM »
Battle forge is against the spellbook style, which is spawn, spawn, and spawn some more.

your trees are just a too valuable target if they are harmonized.

if you also talk about battle forge expensive, the two harmonize already cost you two spellbook points more as the mana flowers do, so neither argument.

I get the thematic pov about battle forge though. I don't think both trees are good together (competetive), but if you go for both consider some back up. You won't have that much mana early on, and if you loose your harmonized treebonded tree you loose 3mana total a turn, thats extreme. With a flower it is less risky.

I would also think about the leaf ring. if you cast it first round you get two mana till the third round (like your first harmonize) and have channeld 1mana less total if you harmonized both. But you saved 6mana on the cast, giving you more oportunities. You save 1 action. If you then cast a mana flower on turn three you are on 1channel total less for future rounds but saved 1mana prior. Your tree's don't have that big "Hit me target" on them. And you save 2 spellbook points. optional you can use one more action if you have to cast another flower turn 4 (not sure if you need that much channel). The big bonus of this approach is one less action on turn 2 used and if you get under pressure you don't have to do the flower or could use some enchantment...

You also talk about fellela and butterfly? How do you play your games in your local meta? how long, cause this sounds like extremly long play builds and many situational cards in book

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 07:37:30 AM »

A lot of books can kill your tree on turn 2, with or without Harmonize. It's not always what they want to do, but it's an option - if you Harmonize it, they definitely will.

If Battleforge is against your spellbook style, then honestly your spellbook style is probably wrong... It's the best spawnpoint in the game, for 3 mana more than a mana flower/crystal you get a free casting action of one of the most useful types.

The other thing to remember is that if sit their playing economy, you can easily be dead on turn 3 before you have used anything.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 08:24:32 AM »

A lot of books can kill your tree on turn 2, with or without Harmonize. It's not always what they want to do, but it's an option - if you Harmonize it, they definitely will.

If Battleforge is against your spellbook style, then honestly your spellbook style is probably wrong... It's the best spawnpoint in the game, for 3 mana more than a mana flower/crystal you get a free casting action of one of the most useful types.

The other thing to remember is that if sit their playing economy, you can easily be dead on turn 3 before you have used anything.

Honestly turn 2 dead tree and turn 3 dead mage is very unlikely, but it can be quite fast. And if your tree dies on turn 2 you dont die and if it doesnt your mage can regenerate vs the treee a barkskin can stop rush quite good.

And you don't have to force a druid into battleforge, still 5 spellbooks vs the flower (no leaf ring discount, etc). And you have to include more equipment and so on. That seems against his playstyle, but he is pretty new here and the forums and probably not yet that much into competetive.

I'd personally not play with two trees, but if I would I wouldn't use harmonize but rather other flowers... I tried to give advice mainly for his idea of book. Is it highly competetive? no

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »
Many of my books have a turn 2-4 druid tree plan.  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 10:20:12 AM »
Many of my books have a turn 2-4 druid tree plan.  ;D

This is also how I usually look at it. although with Paladin vs Siren coming out that may change.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »
ב"ה
I have a double tree book, but if in turn 1 my opponent seems to go aggressive, then I don't bring the second tree.
It goes like-
[19]
1) Druid's Leaf Ring + Vine Tree (in the starting corner).
[20]
2) extra vine + Seedling Pod (from vine tree) + Samara Tree (in the close corner) + Sunfire Amulet (more life economy than mana economy, but helps as well for the 30 life mage).
[15]
3) extra vine + tanglevine on mage (if solo) or a seedling pod (ifenemy is meditating in his corner) or a vine snapper (from vine tree) + seedling pod (from samara tree) + mana flower + facedown enchantment (or rouse the beast if used vine snapper).

In the 4th turn I might bring a second mana flower.

In order to keep solo enemy mages from acid ball+force hammer my tree on turn 3 (or acid ball+fireball) I try to keep them out of reach. There are 3 major ways to try and delay them-
1) Tanglevine on deployment, better coupled with a nullify on enemy mage and/or astral anchor (which in turn can be enhanced by an arcane ward).
2) Use vinewhip staff ability in first quickcast (better be coupled with an astral anchor, now that lesser teleport is out and make the stuck condition a lot less powerfull).
3) If you have initiative (or have a nullify/jinx on enemy mage from previous rounds), then wall of thorns in deployment and then force push in first quickcast (or jet stream if you feel lucky or low on mana). You both deal some damage and force your opponent to move more in order to get in range.

Note that in the case that your opponent some how actually decide to go for your Samara tree first (the one you don't have a treebond with), you should let him do so and be glad the he actually wasted his actions and spells on it.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 04:13:51 PM »

Honestly turn 2 dead tree and turn 3 dead mage is very unlikely, but it can be quite fast. And if your tree dies on turn 2 you dont die and if it doesnt your mage can regenerate vs the treee a barkskin can stop rush quite good.

Sorry - I perhaps wasn't clear - it will be one or other plan...

Indeed, the main reason I leave a tree untouched is because I'm going to kill the Druid in a couple of turns. If I'm not going to take the mage out then tree will go straight away.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 04:15:50 PM »
Note that in the case that your opponent some how actually decide to go for your Samara tree first (the one you don't have a treebond with), you should let him do so and be glad the he actually wasted his actions and spells on it.

He won't unless it's the only tree you have, and treebonded with. Then he will just laugh...