April 29, 2024, 04:03:17 AM

Author Topic: A spell book I want to try and need some opinions on please  (Read 6789 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: A spell book I want to try and need some opinions on please
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
Dude! Bats for life. They cute and cuddly and spread disease to your enemies :D

I know. And battling you and seeing your videos are the only reason I remotely respect them  ;D.

Nah, I have no good reason. I just prefer summoning imps.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 04:40:05 PM »
I rate Darkfenne Bat very highly - it's in lots of my books, as a turn 1-2 play.  It's cheap, but worrying enough it needs dealing with. Most books have a Purify or Wand of Healing, but it gets it out fast, so it's not there later.

It's my favourite creature for a Straywood pet, bar none (have it in about 4 books). You force them to overpay with two reasonably good attack spells, or they start taking 4 dice plus rot from something you paid 7 mana for...

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 10:28:03 PM »
Yep I am fond of the bat as well.  They are annoying and cheap.  I played a introduction game with the warlock and literally summoned two bats and a skeleton.  The bat was just hitting the rot every time to the Mage and my opponent had for the most part ignored it.  He died with five rot tokens on him.  Bats are nasty fun creatures to play with.  I also like to use them with my beast master because of the flying and rots.  It's a pretty good combo.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster