April 18, 2024, 04:14:55 AM

Author Topic: Counterstrike  (Read 4779 times)

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Counterstrike
« on: August 17, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »
Does the Ridgeback skunks ability to stagger count as a counterstrike?  It happens during the counterstrike phase but I am not certain if it counts as a counterstrike.   I see this being an issue in two cases,
1.  If we get damage barriers, 
2. If the skunk attacks a guard and the guard uses his counterstrike to hit you back.  I know counterstrikes do not trigger more counterstrikes but I assume the counterstrike counts as a melee attack so should get a stagger from the skunk. .....  unless this is a counterstrike.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Counterstrike
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 08:43:49 AM »
It's not a counterstrike. It just triggers then.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:55:04 AM »
Thanks.  How about case # 2,  if a skunk attacks a guard.  Will the counterstrike from the guard trigger the stagger as well?  It does make stinky sense

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 08:59:18 AM »
Counterstrikes don't generate more counterstrikes. That step in the attack sequence is skipped. So, no the skunk will not spray a guard that counterstrikes it when it attacks. Think of it as the skunk is fully trying to attack them, so he hasn't prepared himself to spray them. Whereas the when guarding the skunk is prepped and ready to both scratch them and spray them.

chiller087

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 02:11:17 AM »
If the skunk is attacked while it does NOT have a guard token, does the Counterstroke step still happen?

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 03:06:32 AM »
If the skunk is attacked while it does NOT have a guard token, does the Counterstroke step still happen?

Yes