April 28, 2024, 03:16:10 AM

Author Topic: Ehren, Enduring Paladin opening strategies  (Read 13096 times)

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ehren, Enduring Paladin opening strategies
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
Personally I've been leaning toward the new Holy Mage armor since it combos well with the HA ability.

Could you give us a link to a picture of that armor here, Coshade, my googlesearch turned up empty  :-[

How has it fared in games? I imagine once your GA dies it could become problematic action wise unless you transition into high equipment Priest.

It's a new book I'm putting together and I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet.
This WE should change that.
I'll post it in Spellbook design for reference and see how it develops.

Equipment does indeed play a major role with at least 1 card for every slot ( except head )

Here's the link
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=17197.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:52:57 PM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 02:40:25 AM »
Okay, I didn't realize we weren't including PvS as of yet.  Life Link is in PvS and that's why I included it.
It really is a bit annoying that talking about cards some of us will not see until around end of this year is getting the new standart. Don't take that personal puddn, I would simply be happy to share thoughts.
If the carddatabase would have those included even before their official release i would not see any problem, but if we need to search google for good luck pics ... No fun at all.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2016, 04:10:53 AM »
Okay, I didn't realize we weren't including PvS as of yet.  Life Link is in PvS and that's why I included it.
It really is a bit annoying that talking about cards some of us will not see until around end of this year is getting the new standart. Don't take that personal puddn, I would simply be happy to share thoughts.
If the carddatabase would have those included even before their official release i would not see any problem, but if we need to search google for good luck pics ... No fun at all.

I'd like to say I kind of share bigfatchef's sentiment.

I'd love to include PvS cards in my books but we will probably be closing in on newyear when PvS finally gets here.

In the meantime those cards pretty much become the standard with those who already have them and as a result the player base gets even more divided ( Domination, Academy, and Arena with two speeds, those in the US and the rest :( ) It's hard to keep up techwise when you're competing with different card bases.
First there were the Promo's who unbalanced the game for those not having them, now there's an entire expansion we won't get until 3-4 months after the others. No, not funny at all.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:15:47 AM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2016, 05:31:54 AM »

I'd love to include PvS cards in my books but we will probably be closing in on newyear when PvS finally gets here.

In the meantime those cards pretty much become the standard with those who already have them and as a result the player base gets even more divided ( Domination, Academy, and Arena with two speeds, those in the US and the rest :( ) It's hard to keep up techwise when you're competing with different card bases.
First there were the Promo's who unbalanced the game for those not having them, now there's an entire expansion we won't get until 3-4 months after the others. No, not funny at all.

German community seems real strong even if they are way behind everybody else (lets not speak about France)¨

OCTGN is a world of itself, currently behind with PvS etc.

I know we are behind in Europe, but Theres a Siren in Berlin and Theres plenty of Paladins and Siren in Copenhagen.

In fact you could go to Copenhagen and buy a copy of PvS from me. I have 4 left atm, and if i get my luggage back or some of that it could be 5 more copies.

Besides if you enter the Viking-Con you could win a Paladin or Siren Spellbook or a Warlord, Priest, Priestess or other mage which will contain some of the new cards*

I know its a flight trip, but rather than go to Essen it should be an option for some?

I hope to go back to USA real soon, and i will try to bring 40 kgs Mage Wars goddies back each time. Besides i plan to visit Germany regularly real soon (and will gladly bring some mw stuff)

* 70 spellbooks and 3 Regrowths in each, thats a lot more Regrowths than i have. There will be proxies in those books, cant be helped.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2016, 06:16:14 AM »

German community seems real strong even if they are way behind everybody else (lets not speak about France)¨

OCTGN is a world of itself, currently behind with PvS etc.

I know we are behind in Europe, but Theres a Siren in Berlin and Theres plenty of Paladins and Siren in Copenhagen.

In fact you could go to Copenhagen and buy a copy of PvS from me. I have 4 left atm, and if i get my luggage back or some of that it could be 5 more copies.

Besides if you enter the Viking-Con you could win a Paladin or Siren Spellbook or a Warlord, Priest, Priestess or other mage which will contain some of the new cards*

I know its a flight trip, but rather than go to Essen it should be an option for some?

I hope to go back to USA real soon, and i will try to bring 40 kgs Mage Wars goddies back each time. Besides i plan to visit Germany regularly real soon (and will gladly bring some mw stuff)

* 70 spellbooks and 3 Regrowths in each, thats a lot more Regrowths than i have. There will be proxies in those books, cant be helped.
Germany was getting both academy warlock and priestess about same time as usa via pre-order AW website. So I don't see gernany way behind. In fact PvS is not out in the rest of the world as well. As far as I know it is only accessible to a hand full visitors if gencon. And where ever they bring it. Thanks to biblo it is in coppenhagen now. Thanks for the invite biblo! But the point is, that it isn't in stores nowhere and the cards are not published in a organized way (like sbb), thus cards from PvS should not be treated as a standart cards. Talk like that should take place at a plaster-chat. Or this forum should be officially be titled so.

To the real topic:
- Ehren as a strategic center of hate is perfect use.
- Regrowth mage and lifelink regens only 2 total and is vulnerable. No good plan in my eyes. Better regrowth and enchantment transfusion if he dies too quick anyways. Regrowth transfused to mage is a good backdoor anyway.
- if a spring or mohktari are useful for the whole strategie they are the best option for the long run.