April 25, 2024, 06:37:02 PM

Author Topic: Disciple of radiance?  (Read 4868 times)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Disciple of radiance?
« on: August 27, 2016, 08:35:23 PM »
I have a few questions after a game of arena using some acadamy cards.

Does faith healers staff healing trigger disciple of radiance ability to do light damage?  Same thing with replendant bow, does it trigger when the Mage uses it to heal friendly unit?

If I used restore ability of the priestess does this count as healing spell and trigger disciples of rad as well?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:24:35 PM by farkas1 »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Disciple of radiance?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 10:38:06 PM »
Okay, when determining whether or not the Disciple's ability triggers there are really only three things you have to look for.

1) Was it cast or revealed by your Mage? All enchantments are revealed by your mage, so really this only applies when looking at things being cast.

2) Is it a spell? The ability on Faith Healer's Staff never mentions it counting as a spell, so it is not. Resplendent Bow is an attack and not a spell.

3) Does it have the Healing subtype? It doesn't matter if it provides healing or not. It matters if it has the healing subtype. The Priestess's Restore ability counts as a spell, but doesn't have the Healing subtype.

Something would have to get a yes to all three of these criteria to trigger the Disciple of Radiance. None of your questions pass that test.

Now, a question that I'm not sure of is whether or not the healing subtype is being represented by iconography on some spells. I think it is. If you look up Heal in the Codex, you'll see an icon of a hand with light shining out of it. This icon can be found on some cards like [mwcard=DNQ09]Wand of Healing[/mwcard]. I believe this indicates that they count as Healing spells and would trigger Disciple of Radiance, but I'm not positive.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 10:39:42 PM by Zuberi »

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 11:22:51 PM »
Sweet thanks for the breakdown.  That's how I played it, just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.  Good ? On the wand of healing. 

Disciples of radiance did some work early on in the game to take down some heavy hitters.  I like them a lot and may try runing more if I get a second academy priestess pack!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 12:34:27 PM »
Excellent breakdown, Zuberi. Enjoy another Banana Sticker.