March 28, 2024, 05:32:31 PM

Author Topic: How viable is banish in the current meta. Also more dispels or less dispels and  (Read 3012 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
See title and purge.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Less dispels so my enchants don't get destroyed every time I play against you ;p

Also, do you like Dragons? <-- Link here

EDIT: I'd comment on Banish, but I have never had a chance to use it. It seems neat and potentially useful mechanically though. Purge is pretty much a staple at this point.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:21:18 PM by Milevan_Faent »

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Purge is in almost every non-Warlord book I have. I have about 20 books at any one time, and I think it's not in 2 of them.

Banish is used more circumspectly, but it's very good in/against a few books.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Banish No thx 6 spellbook points to get temporary rid of a big creature?
Id had a place in Straywood Aviary, but i would not put it in a non-Wizard book ever.

Dispels - at least 3 in every book. Glad to put 4+ in. Enchantments seems to be everywhere.

Purge - another card i try to avoid, especially after Enchantment Transfusion came out.

Instead i try to run at least 2 Seeking Dispels and hate it if i run less than that.
Very often ill start with Seeking Dispel on a Mage Wand.

In Dark books i run Arcane Corruption and in most books i run Remove Curse and i think Reveal Magic will see play,
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
I generally run a minimum of 1 each of Dispel, Disperse, Seeking Dispel and Purge Magic. Only Warlord doesn't carry that at a minimum, and quite a lot have more.

Similarly, in an anti-equipment role, almost every book has 1-2 Dissolve, Crumble, Disarm and Acid Ball. Probably 6-8 total, with number and configuration depending on what the book needs to do.

Arcane and Water mages run more, as do some other mages.