General Category > Off topic

Storage for mage wars markers

<< < (2/5) > >>

bigfatchef:
Hoping the attachment works...

So I am trying to make my MW case as portable as possible. I have a very small box for the most important markers.
- action markers and qc
- ready marker
- guard
- mage and mage ability specific marker and initiative
Also I have the smaller academy dice with me and a lot of very small dice ind red (damage), purple (mana) and other colors for different purpose (dissipate and several tokens).
I kept the vine markers for i like playing them a lot more then with dice. But i don't use vet-markers for example.

The biggest point about this is, that I printed all kind of condition markers as cards. So those come with my spellbooks (also only a box with 5-7 staples if cards. No book). I think the original idea came from ACG here in this forum. It is super handy to use and mich easier to find than those 2sided random markers.
I also got the damage- and mana counters printed as cards. So the small wooden markers are in the box as well.

And for daily questions there is a supplement and codex printed out.
I must say I like that minimalistic style to handle the game!

SirAndrew:
I've been trying really hard to find good storage for Mage Wars and other games that are market/token heavy.

I've currently been using a Pirate Lab case which has lots of space for all the cards and tokens in the main area, a pouch for the rule book and a back zippered area that's perfect for a couple of spell books.

http://piratelab.com/collections/small-card-cases/products/black-logo-small-card-case

Now I'm looking at coin books to better organize the markers (making them easier to find), but I currently only have Mage Wars Academy (I've ordered Arena and it's on it's way) and wasn't sure how many tokens Arena has. The coin books can hold about 120 coins/tokens and I wasn't sure if that would even be enough. Would someone be able to give an estimate of how many tokens I should expect to be able to store?

https://www.amazon.com/Collecting-Collection-Material-Exchange-Collectors/dp/B01LX2DOSI/ref=pd_sbs_229_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MYD32QX426ZQR8XT23NN

Beldin:
This is the little box that my MW lives in. Made by me. sorry about the graininess of the image, i had to get it down under 192kb

Brian VanAlstyne:
Plano boxes are great for tokens and markers. Deck Boxes are great for my actual decks. But I really need a better idea than binders for all my extra cards. I don't take my cards everywhere, but I'd like to be able to transport them more often in case I need to tweak a deck or want to help someone build a deck. Any ideas? Something that would easily fit into a bookbag or laptop bag? I've got tons of sets so there are ALOT of cards.

SirAndrew:

--- Quote from: DevilsVendetta on January 30, 2017, 07:35:35 PM ---Plano boxes are great for tokens and markers. Deck Boxes are great for my actual decks. But I really need a better idea than binders for all my extra cards. I don't take my cards everywhere, but I'd like to be able to transport them more often in case I need to tweak a deck or want to help someone build a deck. Any ideas? Something that would easily fit into a bookbag or laptop bag? I've got tons of sets so there are ALOT of cards.

--- End quote ---

The small PirateLab case I use fits into my backpack and holds about 1800 unsleeved cards or a combinatiom of deckboxes, cards, and dice bags.

Most comic shops have the plain white cardboard boxes that come in various sizes and are only a dollar or two.

There's also a really nice card case on Amazon called the Quiver that's excellent for portable card storage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version