April 16, 2024, 06:11:05 PM

Author Topic: Storage for mage wars markers  (Read 22284 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Storage for mage wars markers
« on: August 14, 2016, 09:45:56 PM »
If anyone doesnt have a storage box for mage wars tokens and there is a michaels craft store near you this is a good option. You may be able.to find it at walmart but idk.

It is a.storage box (plano box?) With adjustable compartments. It was $10.00 but michaels always has a 40% off coupon you can print or pull up on ypur phone so it was 6.
But i have 1 of every set so far, except academy priestess, plus extra action markers and it holds everything fine; even the academy dials. Just wanted to share if anyone hasnt tried this yet.

Picture should be attached but its larger than allowed. Will try again tomorrow if i can compress it
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Storage for mage wars markers
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:11:53 AM »
I goes with this: still having space for Frost markers (if there will be any) :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:13:54 AM by Boocheck »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:26:16 AM »
Some time ago Sike made a thread about inserts for Mage Wars.
Kickstart you New Year by Pimping your Mage Wars!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 02:29:15 PM »
Here is what I am now using after going crazy trying to locate condition markers in the past. 

I have a spot for 2-3 different conditions to share in each slot.  Moved all the Mage specific ones for pets, shield, blood reaper ect. into one slot.  Mana, guards, ready markers, and damage counters each have there own slot. 

Still may need to double up some of the small markers because I have not gotten the domination or added in academy set markers into it yet. 

This will help those long awkward pauses trying to locate the exact condition needed.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:31:12 PM by farkas1 »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 03:04:59 PM »
Condition markers are horrific to sort because there are so many conditions with a different back for the same front... I understand the need to have less punchboards production wise, but once you get more and more markers, it's really annoying to fish out the ones you need. I use two sorting boxes and a box of unsorted stuff.

It would be gret to have counters that show condition A on side A and always the same condition B on the other side. That would make them sortable and and easy to grab. Not being able to find a certain condition in the mountain of condition markers can be frustrating...

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 11:36:12 AM »
Hoping the attachment works...

So I am trying to make my MW case as portable as possible. I have a very small box for the most important markers.
- action markers and qc
- ready marker
- guard
- mage and mage ability specific marker and initiative
Also I have the smaller academy dice with me and a lot of very small dice ind red (damage), purple (mana) and other colors for different purpose (dissipate and several tokens).
I kept the vine markers for i like playing them a lot more then with dice. But i don't use vet-markers for example.

The biggest point about this is, that I printed all kind of condition markers as cards. So those come with my spellbooks (also only a box with 5-7 staples if cards. No book). I think the original idea came from ACG here in this forum. It is super handy to use and mich easier to find than those 2sided random markers.
I also got the damage- and mana counters printed as cards. So the small wooden markers are in the box as well.

And for daily questions there is a supplement and codex printed out.
I must say I like that minimalistic style to handle the game!

SirAndrew

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »
I've been trying really hard to find good storage for Mage Wars and other games that are market/token heavy.

I've currently been using a Pirate Lab case which has lots of space for all the cards and tokens in the main area, a pouch for the rule book and a back zippered area that's perfect for a couple of spell books.

http://piratelab.com/collections/small-card-cases/products/black-logo-small-card-case

Now I'm looking at coin books to better organize the markers (making them easier to find), but I currently only have Mage Wars Academy (I've ordered Arena and it's on it's way) and wasn't sure how many tokens Arena has. The coin books can hold about 120 coins/tokens and I wasn't sure if that would even be enough. Would someone be able to give an estimate of how many tokens I should expect to be able to store?

https://www.amazon.com/Collecting-Collection-Material-Exchange-Collectors/dp/B01LX2DOSI/ref=pd_sbs_229_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MYD32QX426ZQR8XT23NN

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 06:56:42 PM »
This is the little box that my MW lives in. Made by me. sorry about the graininess of the image, i had to get it down under 192kb
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:58:31 PM by Beldin »

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 07:35:35 PM »
Plano boxes are great for tokens and markers. Deck Boxes are great for my actual decks. But I really need a better idea than binders for all my extra cards. I don't take my cards everywhere, but I'd like to be able to transport them more often in case I need to tweak a deck or want to help someone build a deck. Any ideas? Something that would easily fit into a bookbag or laptop bag? I've got tons of sets so there are ALOT of cards.

SirAndrew

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 12:12:36 PM »
Plano boxes are great for tokens and markers. Deck Boxes are great for my actual decks. But I really need a better idea than binders for all my extra cards. I don't take my cards everywhere, but I'd like to be able to transport them more often in case I need to tweak a deck or want to help someone build a deck. Any ideas? Something that would easily fit into a bookbag or laptop bag? I've got tons of sets so there are ALOT of cards.

The small PirateLab case I use fits into my backpack and holds about 1800 unsleeved cards or a combinatiom of deckboxes, cards, and dice bags.

Most comic shops have the plain white cardboard boxes that come in various sizes and are only a dollar or two.

There's also a really nice card case on Amazon called the Quiver that's excellent for portable card storage.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »
I have the exact same storage case as Boocheck. Same brand and everything. This makes me very happy.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »
I have the exact same storage case as Boocheck. Same brand and everything. This makes me very happy.

Ditto, except I have 2 of them: 1 for markers and attack dice, and one for tokens and (non-attack) dice used for tracking damage, mana (on objects that channel) and other counters (like tokens on Altar of Skulls or Forcefield, etc).

I've custom painted my action markers: flames on red, vines on green, holy swords (?) on yellow, creepy clouds on dark blue, V'tar orbs (or force orbs?) on blue, gold and silver nuggets on brown; and I have matching translucent damage dice, d12's and spin-down d20's (for tracking V'tar)) that go with each set of action markers.

Oh, and I stuck a scaled print-out of the back of the rule book inside the lid of each container for quick reference.

I'll post a pic when I have a chance.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 06:47:48 PM »
Also got two.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

SirAndrew

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 09:15:50 PM »
Where did everyone pick up the box that seems to be so popular? Does anyone have the dimension of it? I'd love to pick one up if it would fit in the back of my cases.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 10:32:25 PM »
I got mine at Wal Mart. I don't have the dimensions but it was like $5.00