March 19, 2024, 06:51:37 AM

Author Topic: Wizard and Wizard's Tower Errata  (Read 110326 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard and Wizard's Tower Errata
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »
Yea agree some  changes needed to be made and since academy wizard with additional spells it kind of helped certain builds be possible. And the wizard did not have to choose another element school, because of the additional cards.  I will say it does not feel like cheating choosing a wizard to play against others.  The other schools have been greatly enhanced from all the academy, PvS and lost grimore sets making them more flexible. 

I do feel wizards tower was being overly used , too  powerful and something needed to be done.  Not sure if they swung it too far because now I rarely see a tower out. 

I said this somewhere else, I think they could of got away with making a mana cost to change the spell out of the tower keeping it's flexibility but making a bigger investment. 

Personally if the school choice was still allowed in the wizard I don't think siren would ever of been a great viable option to play. Wizard would have the one up on everything besides maybe songs.
Schools most in need of help: war and mind. Both lack many options or have certain below average cards. Academy should provide some excellent options though.
Mage most in need of help: Forcemaster. She literally has the fewest ways to play of any mage I think and very few cards. She has received almost no support since her initial release. Again, Academy should fix this.
Mage I want to see expanded: Druid. Most druids I tend to see don't have much variation. Essentially the first couple of turns are almost or exactly the same. We need something that can compete with vine tree for a first round play.
The Phoenix shall rise.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2017, 04:41:14 PM »
Yea warlord and forcemaster academy sets are really going to expand the options both mages can do. 

That said I think since PvS and lost grimore they have helped out both schools tremendously.  Even just the addition of minds eye it has helped make a very different style for the forcemaster to use.

IMo even without forcemaster academy I know a player with a very scary forcemaster build that a friend of mine is running.  He is going to a few tounarments this summer and he is going to do very well.   
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »
Yea warlord and forcemaster academy sets are really going to expand the options both mages can do. 

That said I think since PvS and lost grimore they have helped out both schools tremendously.  Even just the addition of minds eye it has helped make a very different style for the forcemaster to use.

IMo even without forcemaster academy I know a player with a very scary forcemaster build that a friend of mine is running.  He is going to a few tounarments this summer and he is going to do very well.
What does that build look like?
The Phoenix shall rise.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2017, 05:23:31 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share his secrets.  I will say he does run minds eyes and I already may have said too much.  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share his secrets.  I will say he does run minds eyes and I already may have said too much.  ;)
Well ask him!
If he's not going to gen con or any other big tournaments, he should be good.
You could also pm it to me as I'm not going to any events or planning to reveal the books strat/tactics if your friend doesnt want that to happen.
 Besides, knowing what your opponent is going to do is very different from countering what their going to do.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:30:55 PM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
 Stay on point red. This threads about the wizards tower errata and its in the highlighted threads. Let's not take the discussion in another direction
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2017, 05:35:37 PM »
Stay on point red. This threads about the wizards tower errata and its in the highlighted threads. Let's not take the discussion in another direction
Sry. :o
The Phoenix shall rise.