April 29, 2024, 02:52:36 AM

Author Topic: Arena Drafting format-Third Time's the Charm!  (Read 4899 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Arena Drafting format-Third Time's the Charm!
« on: June 04, 2016, 03:40:17 PM »
How to Draft:

1. Decide what sets will be included in the card pool.
2. Determine how many people will be playing.
3. Choose either 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3.
4. Determine how many copies of each set will be needed in order to give each player access to approximately the same number of cards.
For these purposes, 1 core set=1 big set+1 small set=3 small sets
5. Decide who is fighting against whom. This is decided by seating. The player or team sitting across from you is your opponent.
6. Each player chooses what Mage they will play and declares their choice. Each player takes their selected Mage and its ability card from the card pool and sets them aside.
7. Randomize the card pool into stacks.
8. Every player rolls the effect die. The player with the highest roll draws twelve cards from any stack, looks at them, then picks one card for their own separate card pool and passes the rest to the player to their right, who also looks at them, picks one card and passes the rest to the player on their right, who etc.
9. After the first twelve cards are depleted, the player whose turn it is to pick draws another twelve cards and continues the process.
10. Once the card pool has been completely split between the players, players begin building their spellbooks!
Optional rule: 30 minute time limit on spellbook building.

For team play, replace the word "player" in steps 8, 9, and 10 with "team" and replace "one card" with X cards, where X is the number of players on a team.

11. As soon as all the spellbooks are built, start playing!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:02:42 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Drafting format-Third Time's the Charm!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »
Draft would go faster if you dealt 12 cards to each player and did the picking/passing simultaneously. So each player starts with 12 cards, picks 1 to keep, and passes the remainder.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Drafting format-Third Time's the Charm!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »
Draft would go faster if you dealt 12 cards to each player and did the picking/passing simultaneously. So each player starts with 12 cards, picks 1 to keep, and passes the remainder.

Good idea why didn't I think of that!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.