April 30, 2024, 09:45:28 AM

Author Topic: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers  (Read 377442 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »
Do I see power creep?
I hope so, that will the game a bit faster and I don't mind that.
Knight of the Red Helm...mmmm...
I would cry for power creep. but I don't see it yet :)
Most core set cards still rock.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »
The Knight of the Red Helm is not the best Holy Avenger. Both targets, the one who attacked and triggered the Avenger and the one who is the strongest enemy, will seldom be the same creature.  White Cloak Knight should still be more solid.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2016, 02:35:19 PM »
and stand to see his brothers ,

yellow helm , blue helm , green helms and ppurple helm ,

when you invoqued the 5 team ,   you can combinated in a great robot ...

:-Xoki

for résume stand to see this red hat in your arena and yes its too red but it s a only default.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2016, 03:09:29 PM »
The Knight of the Red Helm is not the best Holy Avenger. Both targets, the one who attacked and triggered the Avenger and the one who is the strongest enemy, will seldom be the same creature.  White Cloak Knight should still be more solid.
Sure, it depends on what your opponent does, but the whole idea of Holy Avenger depends on that. Against solo and single buddy mages KRH will be better choice.
I don't know what's better between psychic immunity and attack spells' damage and effects immunity, but WCK costs 1 mana more and has 2 less armor than KRH so he still will be easy to take down with normal attacks or attack-like incantations like Burst of Thorns. Just like with any other HA I can focus on HA WCK and deny him HA bonus.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:09 PM »
Sure, it depends on what your opponent does, but the whole idea of Holy Avenger depends on that. Against solo and single buddy mages KRH will be better choice.
I don't know what's better between psychic immunity and attack spells' damage and effects immunity, but WCK costs 1 mana more and has 2 less armor than KRH so he still will be easy to take down with normal attacks or attack-like incantations like Burst of Thorns. Just like with any other HA I can focus on HA WCK and deny him HA bonus.

I think I've got to agree with Kaarin here, Schwenkgott.  The main weakness I see with KotRH is his lower life; HA fixes that.  I'd prefer KotRH over WCK because of his armor and his flexibility of targets. If the strongest creature is a better choice for the round then he gets +2 melee, if there's a target that hit something of yours, he gets +2 melee and Pierce +1.  If the opponent is foolish enough to make the strongest creature hit something other than the Avenger then you get +4 Melee and Pierce +1.

That being said, if I wanted to use Ballad of Courage (psychic) to make my Avenger scary I'd obviously choose WCK instead.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2016, 08:40:40 PM »
If the definition of 'strongest' in the article is precise, then You can banish/exile the strongest enemy creature if You want to gain bonus against the second strongest enemy creature. Did Beastmaster summon Pet Falcon to mess with your HA KRH bonus? Exile it and attack the Beastmaster.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2016, 01:58:45 AM »
Makes invisible stalker funny.  At 15 mana he will often be strongest, but they can't see him to use the ability.

Red helm knights can also wreck in teams since multiples are easy to cast

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2016, 11:27:57 AM »
These knights live to hunt down the biggest creatures they can

Don't you mean the "strongest" creatures? Strength is not always a matter of size.

Then again, size has already been thematically tied to innate life gain and to level, although it hasn't been a 1:1 correlation. The bigger a creature is, the higher its level and the more innate life it has. The same does not hold true in reverse: having more innate life and levels does not increase a creature's size.

Could the same hold true for mana cost?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2016, 01:14:17 PM »

Don't you mean the "strongest" creatures? Strength is not always a matter of size.

Then again, size has already been thematically tied to innate life gain and to level, although it hasn't been a 1:1 correlation. The bigger a creature is, the higher its level and the more innate life it has. The same does not hold true in reverse: having more innate life and levels does not increase a creature's size.

I must say I don't really get it why sardonyx has a higher level as a mage.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »

I must say I don't really get it why sardonyx has a higher level as a mage.

[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC12]Talos[/mwcard] is also higher in level than a mage - and now there's a reason for him to have a mana cost!

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »
Ehren, Enduring Paladin gets to cheat and be a "big" creature but not trigger Strongest because his casting cost was only 5 to offset his damage gimmick.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »
Ehren, Enduring Paladin gets to cheat and be a "big" creature but not trigger Strongest because his casting cost was only 5 to offset his damage gimmick.

I've been thinking... For Malakai Priest...
1. Lead with Ehren, Enduring Paladin and put a Regrowth on him.
2. Drop a Messenger of Bim-Shalla and maker her your Holy Avenger.  Oh, and she heals 4 dice-worth on Ehren.
3. Summon your choice of Aurora Lucere (vs minor creatures / "swarm"), Red Helm Knight (vs "buddy"), or White Cloak Knight (vs solo, esp Wizard or Warlock).
4. Once healed, try to have Ehren guard to draw "vengeance" from the Messenger, while beating down threats with Aurora/Red Helm, then go for the kill.

*edit* Oh, and pray that they never print Debilitate:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:07:12 PM by iNano78 »

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »

iNano78, Is it that bad? Anyone else experience with this card?
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2016, 06:17:55 PM »

iNano78, Is it that bad? Anyone else experience with this card?

You forget that Holy now has in school enchantment removal and doesn't have to depend on the arcane options as much. Just carry some Remove Curse spells. If this is the only spell removed, you come out ahead in mana and equal in actions and spellpoints. If there are multiple curses to remove, you can come out ahead in all three.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2016, 09:18:03 PM »
There are lots of ways to get rid of it. But it's certainly something you don't want to see revealed on Ehren when you've sunk a lot of mana and actions into healing him and he's about to make that first 5-dice attack but this gets revealed and you watch him swing with 1 die.

No this hasn't happened to me yet because I'm waiting for Academy Priestess to arrive, and Debilitate is still "just a promo" (although it could be in Lost Grimoire?).