April 28, 2024, 03:33:24 PM

Author Topic: Vines hindering everything  (Read 9112 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Vines hindering everything
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 01:57:54 PM »

I agree though, plant based Spawnpoints shouldn't be popping out animals.

... unless those "animals" are insects.

Hmmm... How about a Spawnpoint conjuration named "Hive" that targets a Tree conjuration (e.g. must be attached to a tree) that can only cast Insect spells?  That would be sweet as honey, so to speak.

It would have to be appropriately cheap, given that it could be destroyed by destroying the tree it's attached to, and that it has the prerequisite that there's already a tree in the zone, and those themselves aren't cheap.  And if it were Zone Exclusive, then the only tree it could attach to is [mwcard=MW1J15]Mohktari, Great Tree of Life[/mwcard]... or perhaps [mwcard=DNC18]Togorah, Forest Sentinel[/mwcard], but then what happens if he walks into a zone with another Zone Exclusive conjuration?  Of course, "Hive" doesn't have to be Zone Exclusive - and probably shouldn't be in order to keep it flexible and not underpowered.

Next we just need creatures: Army of Ants (Attack value = 4-X, where X is the amount of damage on Ants), Swarm of Bees (similar to ants, but with Flying), Killer Bee (Flying; low attack but d12 roll for Tainted), more spiders (legendary?), scorpions and beetles (see promos), maybe a legendary centipede (?).

The whole point of Mohktari is to give regen 2 to all friendly living creatures in its zone. this is useless for plants because they already have regen. And if you're using a Mohktari deck you're better off keeping all your creatures in the same zone.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Vines hindering everything
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »

Hmmm... How about a Spawnpoint conjuration named "Hive" that targets a Tree conjuration (e.g. must be attached to a tree) that can only cast Insect spells?  That would be sweet as honey, so to speak.

It would have to be appropriately cheap, given that it could be destroyed by destroying the tree it's attached to, and that it has the prerequisite that there's already a tree in the zone, and those themselves aren't cheap.  And if it were Zone Exclusive, then the only tree it could attach to is [mwcard=MW1J15]Mohktari, Great Tree of Life[/mwcard]... or perhaps [mwcard=DNC18]Togorah, Forest Sentinel[/mwcard], but then what happens if he walks into a zone with another Zone Exclusive conjuration?  Of course, "Hive" doesn't have to be Zone Exclusive - and probably shouldn't be in order to keep it flexible and not underpowered.

Next we just need creatures: Army of Ants (Attack value = 4-X, where X is the amount of damage on Ants), Swarm of Bees (similar to ants, but with Flying), Killer Bee (Flying; low attack but d12 roll for Tainted), more spiders (legendary?), scorpions and beetles (see promos), maybe a legendary centipede (?).

The whole point of Mohktari is to give regen 2 to all friendly living creatures in its zone. this is useless for plants because they already have regen. And if you're using a Mohktari deck you're better off keeping all your creatures in the same zone.

Another reason not to make "Hive" Zone Exclusive.  That said, I assume insects generally don't have innate Regenerate, and this "Hive" would be for an Insect-oriented (alternate) Druid.  Or at least a Druid that is more about "animals" (but not necessarily having the Animal trait) than plants.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Vines hindering everything
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 02:34:25 PM »

Another reason not to make "Hive" Zone Exclusive.  That said, I assume insects generally don't have innate Regenerate, and this "Hive" would be for an Insect-oriented (alternate) Druid.  Or at least a Druid that is more about "animals" (but not necessarily having the Animal trait) than plants.

One of the great things about Mohktari is that it has more armor than vine tree, and it's not zone exclusive...
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.