April 27, 2024, 11:30:26 AM

Author Topic: All I want to do...  (Read 5333 times)

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
All I want to do...
« on: February 03, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »
Is treebond with Togorah. Is that too much to ask?

I mean, he is a LOT of tree to bond with...
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: All I want to do...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:12:16 PM »
Is treebond with Togorah. Is that too much to ask?

I mean, he is a LOT of tree to bond with...

Yes. ;-)

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:21:43 PM »
Well, a man druid can dream.
Always carry a towel...

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:46:41 PM »
Well, a man druid can dream.

Fair enough. Dream On.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 01:03:15 PM »
I'm assuming that there's a reason for Togorah. He costs 21 mana which means if you tree bond him with the vine tree you won't be able to summon him r2. If you open with the leaf ring and the vine tree r1 for 10 mana, double flower and an extra vine token r2 for 10 and then you still only have 19 mana r3, not including spawnpoint mana. I suppose you could just summon one flower and double move on r2. Then you would be able to summon Togorah round 3 with  10 Mage-channeling and 1 vine tree-channeling, and 5 mana left over, which you could use for a tanglevine on the enemy or a bark skin on yourself or a rouse the beast or a defend on Togorah.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
I want to get togorah out as soon as possible. Know why? Because I want to bond with him.
Always carry a towel...

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »
The one and only bond.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 10:10:03 AM »
I want to get togorah out as soon as possible. Know why? Because I want to bond with him.
Man you tree huggers ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 11:38:54 AM »
maybe the future-alternative male druid could bound with sequoians instead of tree conjurations. Would be cool. Maybe the alternative druid could be much more tree-focussed and less vine-focussed.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »
maybe the future-alternative male druid could bound with sequoians instead of tree conjurations. Would be cool. Maybe the alternative druid could be much more tree-focussed and less vine-focussed.
well-well-well... i understand now i played wrong!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 09:44:17 AM »

Maybe he will be trained nature/earth rather than nature/water. Both fit the Druid philosophy. He could be altar or monolith focused. Thinking something like Stonehenge in England here.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 10:39:15 AM »

Maybe he will be trained nature/earth rather than nature/water. Both fit the Druid philosophy. He could be altar or monolith focused. Thinking something like Stonehenge in England here.
No, this would mean that in an expansion with alternate Druid there would be less cards to boost current Druid so she would be played more or less the same way even after all that time.
I would keep Treebond for alternate Druid (and maybe change it to creatures-only), but replace vines with something that would benefit from plant spells being cast to make Samara tree more viable, because You cast twice when using Seedling Pods with only single action.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Trent Magnus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »
I think the alt Druid should be insect focused. Insects have no love right now.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
β€œIt is for some to command the forces of nature, for others to harness the primal forces of the elements, and still others to manipulate the delicate forces of life and death, yet only one controls force itself.” – Trent Magnus

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 11:21:25 AM »

nature& level 1 earth with a focus on sequoians instead of vines looks very neat!  8) also gives the earth school the opportunity to give it a little boost for lvl 1 spells. water is superior to earth at the moment, especially level 1.

right now the only lvl 1 earth spell are [mwcard=MWSTX2FFA02]Hurl Rock[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MWSTX2FFW01]Wall of Earth[/mwcard]. Water on the contrary has a huge variaty of level 1 spells already and siren is still coming!
[mwcard=DNA01]Acid Ball[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1I07]Dissolve[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1A08]Geyser[/mwcard], [mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]Surging Wave[/mwcard], [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]Rust[/mwcard] (and [mwcard=MWBG1J04]Raincloud[/mwcard]& [mwcard=DNI04]Renewing Rain[/mwcard])
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.