April 28, 2024, 07:23:13 PM

Author Topic: Transfers and Mentors  (Read 2309 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Transfers and Mentors
« on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:23 PM »
This format works EXACTLY the same as Emperor format from MtG, except for Mage Wars Academy instead of MtG.

2v2 or 3v3. One player on each team is desginated the mentor. All other players are considered "transfers" The objective is to defeat the enemy mentor's mage. Players and play areas should be positioned like this:

TMT
TMT

M=Mentor
T=Transfer

The arena in this format is made of overlapping zones. The zone you're in depends on where you're seated. This is because the arena in this format is built on uneven ground with a barrier between the two mentors. The two mentors are at a higher elevation than the transfers.

If your elevation is 1, you can only influence or interact with anything that's in a play area up to one seat away from yours. If your elevation is 2, you can only influence or interact with anything that's in a play area up to two seats away from yours. If you cannot influence or interact with something, that means you cannot attack them, target them cast spells on them, they can ignore your guards and you can ignore theirs, etc.

Example1: Players 1 and 2 are opposing transfers and have an elevation of 1 and player 3 is a mentor on 2's team that has an elevation of 2.

Player 1 wants to melee attack a creature controlled by player 2 with a non-elusive creature, but player 3 (player 2's teammate) has a non-pest guard. Player 1 has an elevation of 1, and player 3 (the one with the guard) is more than 1 seat away. Player 1 can ignore Player 3's guard.

Example2: Player 1 is a transfer and has an elevation of 1 and Players 2 and 3 are opposing mentors with an elevation of 2. Player 3 wants to melee attack a creature under player 2's control with a non-elusive creature, but Player 1 has a non-pest guarding creature. Player 3 has an elevation of 2, and Player 1 is 2 seats away. Player 3 cannot ignore Player 1's guard (at least not without elusive), and therefore cannot melee attack Player 2's creature.

This is because the uneven ground in the arena makes it impossible for a transfer to see anything on the other side of the hill, and because of the barrier between the two mentors.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.