April 29, 2024, 06:43:29 PM

Author Topic: Force bash succes story  (Read 3085 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Force bash succes story
« on: November 11, 2015, 06:55:20 AM »
Last saturday I played many games on OCTGN. For some reason many opponents were multiple [mwcard=MW1C37]Thunderift Falcon[/mwcard] swarm beastmasters.

2 times I was able to [mwcard=FWI03]Force Bash[/mwcard] a bird onto another bird in my zone, sweep attacking them both with [mwcard=FWQ04]Galvitar, Force Blade[/mwcard] and using [mwcard=FWQ01]Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard] to finish off the surviving bird. It was a dark day for that beastmaster.  ;D It's always a lot of fun to use a card like that.

It was the first time I really used the card. Force bash is véry situational but can be véry powerfull! :D

Are there other force bash succes stories?

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Force bash succes story
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 08:36:11 AM »
I have not seen or heard about any other successful uses.

This card requires so many criterias to be fulfilled that its very hard to justify in a non-FM book (4 SPB!!!).
I have been struggling to even make up theoretic situations where i want to use this particular card and the only thing i can come up with is making an enemy hardhitter (for daze) 'bounce' into an enemy familar (low hp, good defense) and try finishing it off before somebody guards it, or it activates to take off ground again.

While it probaly was a good move for you at the time, it was still expensive both in terms of mana and actions to take out those 2 lvl 1creatures.
The BM probaly 'only' used his QC to summon them or a Lair (or combination) - and you end up spending better actions (action marker is move valuable) and nearly the same mana.

My gut feeling says that 1+ falcon will survive around 15-20% of the time that you make this move.
When the odds are against you it will be a disastrous amount of resources your throwing after eliminating 1 lvl 1 creature.

Hmmm... you asked for success stories and now i ended up with this rant.

EDIT:
So im always very curious about success stories for this card :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:59:42 AM by jacksmack »

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 03:14:46 PM »
The BM probaly 'only' used his QC to summon them or a Lair (or combination) - and you end up spending better actions (action marker is move valuable) and nearly the same mana.

The mana didn't feel like a scarce resource. I always feel I have enough mana as a forcemaster. The swing of my sword and galvitar are maybe a bit too expensive to waste. But it was a lot of fun doing it.  ::)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Force bash succes story
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 05:24:55 PM »
Force bash feels kind of like force push and knockdown combined. Surging wave doesn't work on flying creatures, but force bash does. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but besides knockdown's pseudo-slam eff, force bash is the only way to slam a flying creature in the game atm. I'm guessing the problem is that there isn't really much need to slam flying creatures in the current metagame. And we already have force hold. Maybe the force bash is probably best to use against psychic immune, incorporeal flying creatures, of which 0 currently exist in the game...

Maybe one day we'll have a dark/air Mage, and that will make force bash useful. I imagine something like a witch who rides a flying broomstick and casts flying monkeys, and generally likes to play around with a variety of effects, and uses curses, wind attacks, position control etc. Something like the Wicked Witch from "The Wizard of Oz" or the protagonist of the anime film "Kiki's Delivery Service"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:32:06 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 05:30:30 PM »
Are there other force bash succes stories?
I noted this in another thread where someone asked for successful uses of Force Bash (a year or two ago... but I can't find the thread now).

I had a game against a Forcemaster (I forget which Mage I was playing at the time), and played a Force Bash against a pair of Thoughtspores. He was a bit unhappy when his two spell platforms ended up on the ground, even if temporarily.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess