April 29, 2024, 11:39:12 PM

Author Topic: Status of Tabletopia Module  (Read 19405 times)

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Status of Tabletopia Module
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 05:58:25 AM »
I personally would just love to see the action markers in octgn a bit more colored at the edge when flipped to the white star side. Kind of hard to see whats going on when just watching on a small display.

i agree on the action markers ! I even find it difficult to step into a game that i didn't start viewing from the beginning and i have to determine who's playing with which mage...the colors on the action markers should stand out more and the background of the players' stats and names should match with these colors...

on the other side : i just love the fact that i can test my spellbooks on OCTGN even if i don't have any opponents IRL...

We're trying to start up a Mage Wars community through facebook here in Belgium, but we're still a very small group..but we're truly fanatics !!!  Halewijn's the champ !
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
The color of the markers, I cant do much about. I have fiddled and fiddled with them. The images themselves are 100x100 px though the size of the markers is 12x12 in game. If I make them any bigger than 12x12, then I can not get two rows of markers visibly on the cards. What I have come up with as I stated earlier and will be in place on the next release, is updated tip text. So when you hover on an Action Marker it will now say Blue Action Marker or Blue Action Marker Used.

As for the other two requests, I have two feature enhancement requests in for OCTGN itself.

The first is to all players (via the Scripting Engine) to set their player.color. Currently this value is set by the game engine at OnTableLoad (only once when you come out of the game lobby) and is unique for each player and spectator. However for the local players (meaning you) your color is always black, other players and spectators see the (and not changeable) player.color assigned to each player. I have a request in to let me change player.color to the color players select in the game.

The second is an enhancement to players tab. This is where life/damage/channeling/mana pool live along with the players name. My request is to let me add some of my own value such as Mage type to the players Tab. What I sort of envision there is something like: sIKE23 - Priest/Red | Channeling | Mana Pool | Life | Damage

Finally in the log me and ACG have talked about how the game switches back and forth from Player to Mage. It is one of the items we plan on tackling in V2 release of the module next year.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »
The second is an enhancement to players tab. This is where life/damage/channeling/mana pool live along with the players name. My request is to let me add some of my own value such as Mage type to the players Tab. What I sort of envision there is something like: sIKE23 - Priest/Red | Channeling | Mana Pool | Life | Damage

That would be very good!

For the action markers: I wouldnt change it's size. Just maybe playing around with another jpg that only has a smaller white dot in it's middle could help. Even a small dot would be clear recognizable as unused I guess.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2015, 12:04:30 PM »

That would be very good!

For the action markers: I wouldnt change it's size. Just maybe playing around with another jpg that only has a smaller white dot in it's middle could help. Even a small dot would be clear recognizable as unused I guess.

Are we talking about used or unused Action Markers?

If you are talking about used Actions Markers are you wanting me to make the borders thicker?

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 12:49:42 PM »

That would be very good!

Are we talking about used or unused Action Markers?

If you are talking about used Actions Markers are you wanting me to make the borders thicker?

I meant unused. Used are plain colored and good to see. Unused are mainly white with just a thin line of color around. There I find it hard to see uf that line is red or blue. It seems darker than white at first and needs a second watch to see it's real color.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2015, 03:17:31 PM »
Sorry your right, had it backwards in my head. I might be able to do something about that....it will not be fun though :)

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2015, 01:07:16 PM »
Sorry your right, had it backwards in my head. I might be able to do something about that....it will not be fun though :)
I think that would be awesome! If I can help you with preparing jpgs for markers or so let me know. I guess the non-fun part will be that repeated picture changing.