April 29, 2024, 08:16:17 AM

Author Topic: What's your first mage going to be?  (Read 13629 times)

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: What's your first mage going to be?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 04:41:31 AM »
As for now 2 others ive introduced Mage Wars to are interested in playing Beastmaster and Warlock, so if i can get them together when i get my copy then il probably be the wizard and have a 3 way intro game....getting tome aswell so spellbooks should be ok with restricted to own schools trained in XD well for our intro games anyway lol

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 01:09:40 PM »
that is going to be an interesting game to learn how to play.  keep in mind that with this board there is no way a 3 way game will be balanced.  best you could do is learn the system
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Proof

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »
As far as their out of the box recommended versions go; I want to play the Wizard with air magic first. I am happy that he defaults to air in the initial box set. Lighting is my favorite elemental damage type so I will be all over those cards.

My only concern is the wizard seems to be the most difficult to play in my opinion. A lot of his spells focus on picking the right moments to foil your opponents, while the Beastmaster and Warlock can just summon away and equip and go right for the throat.

I cannot wait for my copy to arrive so I can test out my theory.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 12:57:28 AM »
i have made a non finesse wizard.  battle forge with harmonize to get out tons of equipment, mage wand and elemental wand, (with i recomend lightning bolt and teleport) lightning ring and hawkeye.  dont forget nullify and reverse magic so you can protect against those nasty disolves.  and just run around the arena blasting things with your lightning bolt.  if things get harry just throw out a chain lightning (LOVE IT)  for extra fun add cheetah speed
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2012, 07:00:31 AM »
Please try to stay on topic
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage