September 29, 2024, 01:33:07 AM

Author Topic: New platform claims Arcane Wonder support  (Read 2511 times)

Pentacle

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
New platform claims Arcane Wonder support
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:56:40 PM »
Many of us already know of Octgn and have wondered why Arcane Wonders hasn't officially supported it, and I think I see why. I came across a kickstarter campaign for a product called Tabletopia, which is partially operational in its demo form. The camera and controls are more flexible and the polish is far superior to Octgn. It claims support from numerous publishers, and Arcane Wonders' icon is listed among those supporters. Perhaps this is what AW was waiting for.
If this is true, we may have a platform more flexible than Octgn that we can use to attract friends and other new players to the game. Don't get me wrong, I had all kinds of fun playing on Octgn.  The interface, however, is sorely lacking in features and the platform was developed in a world overpopulated by mobile devices but restricted to Windows. Unfortunately, the development of Octgn is not moving fast enough and Tabletopia is coming.

Thoughts? Confirmation?

Edit:  Fixed broken links.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:58:56 PM by Pentacle »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: New platform claims Arcane Wonder support
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »
First off welcome to the forums!

I think Tabletopia offers some amazing new things for the board game world. What I really like about it, is that developers can make a whole game, and release it all within Tabletopia. It could turn into a "steam" version of the board game world. The big advantages it presents is that it has support from other platforms then just windows pc.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: New platform claims Arcane Wonder support
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »
This seems like a pretty exciting development. That said, this application appears to be subscription-based while OCTGN is free. It's unlikely I'd be willing to buy all my Mage Wars games twice. Still, I probably pay the cost of subscription a couple times over in shipping. At this point, I have enough MW products that it'd seem redundant. Still, the concept of creating my own games digitally and playing the ones I love on mobile devices is pretty darn neat.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:11:33 PM by Erebus »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."