April 20, 2024, 02:55:58 AM

Author Topic: Are the gods of etheria able to watch their followers?  (Read 3847 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Are the gods of etheria able to watch their followers?
« on: August 11, 2015, 03:20:25 PM »
And can they watch their followers at any time, all the time, or only when they're doing something worthy of their notice? Like, if you follow Taranis, can he watch you all the time, or only when you do something dark?

Need to know for something I'm writing. Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
Re: Are the gods of etheria able to watch their followers?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:13:14 PM »
That's a great question.

Short answer: The Gods of Etheria are not omniscient, all-knowing, all-seeing beings that have always existed. In fact, most Sortilegian scholars call them "The New Gods" because they wrested power and followers away from the Elemental Lords who predated them.

Can the Gods see a mortal of Etheria at will? The Gods would certainly like for their adherents to believe that. Is Taranis instantly aware when a Warlock commits a dark act? Probably not. But if he wanted to focus in on that Warlock's life, he could do so, and if so, it would appear as if he was instantly aware of a specific action.

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock