April 19, 2024, 04:06:23 AM

Author Topic: Shift Enchantment  (Read 5209 times)

felonius

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Shift Enchantment
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
If I "Shift" an enchantment which has a Magebind +X from a non-Mage to a Mage, is there anything that should cause the Magebind cost to go into effect?  I doubt anyone is going to use Shift Enchantment just to avoid the cost (Regrowth, Shift Enchantment is the same cost as the Magebind.  Harmonize is only one cheaper, and extra spell out of your book, plus the extra casting...), but it's certainly possible, especially as the game grows and cards come out that make the exchange a little more valuable.

I'm honestly more curious than anything...  Like I said, it's not going to break the game at this point, and I'm certainly not looking to have it do so.

Lothar

Re: Shift Enchantment
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »
Magebind causes the reveal cost of the enchantment to increase. Since you don't have to pay the reveal cost for Shift Enchantment, it shouldn't affect the cost of the spell if the enchantment is already revealed.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
I am at work currently but if you get me the wording for Shift Enchantment I could let you know if your correct or not. As long as shift does not look at revealed cost you would be correct.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Lothar

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
Sure :)

Shift Enchantment - Cost: X
Move target enchantment you control to a new legal target. Both the enchantment and the new target must be within range and LoS. X = 1 if the enchantment is hidden, or the Level of the enchantment if it is revealed.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 12:25:30 PM »
Quote from: "Lothar" post=1631
Sure :)

Shift Enchantment - Cost: X
Move target enchantment you control to a new legal target. Both the enchantment and the new target must be within range and LoS. X = 1 if the enchantment is hidden, or the Level of the enchantment if it is revealed.

The only extra cost I see is the level cost. So it looks like your good
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage