March 28, 2024, 03:10:54 AM

Author Topic: Official Mage Wars Lore: Meet the Loremaster  (Read 5215 times)

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
Official Mage Wars Lore: Meet the Loremaster
« on: July 10, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
Hi all

I wanted to officially introduce myself. I'm Chris Henson, and I'm the official Loremaster for Arcane Wonders. I post under two different accounts on the forums: Amadseer and Sabbath_Kell.

I've been a part of the Mage Wars community since the very beginning, in fact, I was Bryan's very first opponent. Since that time, I've helped mostly with the creative side of things, helping to flesh out the logo, architecture and designs of the core set, and a lot of other stuff since.

I'm a huge fan of world-buidling and rpgs, and I'm excited to bring you guys the inside scoop on Etheria and the Mage Wars story. And let me just say up front: there is a LOT of Etheria content.

We've released dribbles and teases over the years in flavor text, OP kits and a novel (and some here on the forums), but the world of Etheria is robust and very rich, and has been growing over the years, somewhat under the hood. It's time to unleash it!

For those of you who are interested in the back story/lore of your favorite creatures/legends, or wonder where is this Academy everyone keeps talking about, I'm here to fill you in.

If you have any special questions concerning lore or the world of Etheria, Celestia (where the angels are), or Infernia (where the demons are), then post them here.

Thanks!
CH

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Official Mage Wars Lore: Meet the Loremaster
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »
Amadseer! We need more of his story it has been too long since we last heard his tell of him in the bog....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:29 PM »
It would be really cool, funny and interesting if Amadseer was traveling the world writing about his travels because he WANTED to and not because Telas Vane's curse made him, and Amadseer is only ending his reports with the stuff about the Arraxian Crown in order to 1. warn people that the arraxian crown is evil and dangerous so that good people don't get hurt, and 2. out of fear of the arraxian crown; he's trying to placate them so that they don't hurt HIM after how he humiliated Vane. This could also be part of why he's travelling the world. He's on the run from the Arraxian crown! I don't buy this whole "curse/compulsion" thing. His journal writing just seems to be too integral to his character. After all, how'd he get so GOOD at writing in the first place if he hadn't already enjoyed it and practiced it before ever meeting Telas Vane?

Or maybe Vane used to be his friend, and had taught him how to write when they were younger, before Vane turned to the dark side, and Amadseer doesn't like to talk about that, so he just says that Vane cursed him to write.

I bet Telas Vane writes ungodly horrifying and painful gothic poetry.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:10:49 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 12:35:28 AM »
Celestia (where the angels are)

Has there been anything official written about this place yet? I remember we had a very brief visit there when Asyra was talking with Malakai but is that the only thing so far? If not, will we see some new information about it soon?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 03:13:23 PM »
There is more of the travels of Amadseer coming down the pike, as well as more about Telas Vane -- you'll see him in the Arraxia Rising series before too long.

LordOfWinter, you are right, virtually nothing about Celestia has been published thus far. I'll get that into the mix.

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock